Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Please let me know if you are anyone you know was impacted by this
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2020 10:21 AM

I am working on an other issues and am trying to resolve for people with dementia. When I had applied for SSDI the judge who heard my case also said I needed to have someone take care of my financials. He did not talk to me or even asked if I needed one. He just made this determination by speaking to my lawyer.

Many people with dementia lose their financial right to take care of their financials and judges make decision without even speaking to the person living with the disease. That must change. That happened to me and others that I know of. I original tried to reach out to the judge that did me wrong so I could educate him but he even refused to speak to me years later.

Has this happened to you or your loved one??

While I am unsure how to tackle this yet I need to know more. Unfortunately, there is not really a board that oversees state judges.  They are all members of the bar, but that is for lawyers generally and not judges specifically.  This issue may be for a legislator to consider rather than for a judge. I am just exploring for now. 

× Close Menu