Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
A not-so-spectacular day
KawKaw
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:59 PM

I needed to go to the DMV without an appointment today (none available forever) and it did not go well.

My sister drove me and after a half hour, the first person in line was still standing at the front.  The line was too long for me to detain my sister for that length of time and I doubted my ability to keep my mind sharp enough to get through the experience and have her pick me up later.

So,  a couple hours later, I was back home and exhausted.  Had to take a nap to recover.

Tomorrow will look brighter.  I am still worn out.

I have learned from today that doing something out of routine requires a lot more planning.  I don't seem to be able to adapt to the unexpected the way I once did.

At least not today.

Part of the stress was depending on another person and putting them through discomfort.  I will need to get used to others being willing to help.  It is a blessing.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:15 AM

(((((((( KawKaw ))))))))

Yes, we need more time to accomplish all tasks!  Afterwards, we need to R&R--rest and recuperate!

I'm in California.  I need to take the written test, but all appointments were cancelled when our state offices went on lockdown.  The DMV opened up, but wouldn't make appointments until after August 15th.  Then they decided to extend the licenses for one year for my age group.  What a relief!  I'm looking forward to getting Covid-19 under control so we all can function normally again.  

Iris

KawKaw
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:14 PM

I will definitely work more in planning in the future! 

I am still a bit wiped out today.  I feel like I have a med headache.

I am in CA as well.  

I found another DMV office where the wait times are shorter for walk-ins, since no appointments can be made.

It is odd to realize I cannot simply adapt and make unexpected situations work for me.   Also, am I having a couple bad days, or is this the new normal?

I will know in time.  

I think that staying safe during the pandemic has made me less accustomed to going to unfamiliar places and having to follow other people's guidelines.

Is this the case with others as well?

I hope that when things ease up and it is safer to go out, I will have the energy to gradually accustom myself to the unfamiliar.

× Close Menu