Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
I remember when
toni2
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2021 12:03 AM

I am having a hard time sleeping tonight. Next week it will be 2 years since I lost my love. I was thinking of him so I got out my phone and played our song. Unchained melody by the Righteous Brothers. As it played I remembered us dancing and him singing softly the words of the song. Somehow I felt closer to him.
ladyzetta
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2021 1:49 PM

Dear Toni,

Those are sweet memories to have. My DH passed away 3 years ago and I still be as quite as I can when I get up to go to the bathroom at night. Trying not to wake him up. He is still with me and that I am thankful for. Your DH will always be with you. Maybe try sleeping with that song playing.  Take Care of Yourself,  Hugs to You, Zetta 

toni2
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2021 4:19 PM

Thank you for your kind words. I did get some sleep but not as much as usual. I wouldn't want my DH back where he is in pain and I know I will see him once again. 

This year has been very hard for me because my son had covid and was in the hospital 77 days on life support. He is home now but he has a long struggle to get back to normal. Thank God for a wonderful wife who takes great care of him.

Thanks for your hugs and I'm sending hugs right back to you.

Toni

manuzito
Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2021 8:43 PM

Toni, sorry to hear about your son.  Good wishes for his continuous recovery.

On the 14th of this month will be 7 months since my DH left us.  We married on the 14th and he died on the 14th day.  We would’ve been celebrating our 52nd anniversary, instead I’ll be going to his grave to spend sometime with him.

I miss him terribly and I also think of him as if he hasn’t left.  He was legally blind and was fully dependent on my care.  

I bought him a talking watch and he accidentally set the alarm at 2:16 pm to ring everyday.  I still visualize him placing the watch close to his ear and smiling saying that the watch worked.  

I’ve placed the watch next to his portrait and when the alarm comes at 2:16 pm every afternoon I look at his portrait and have the feeling that he’s telling me that he’s around.   Sometimes I cry and sometimes I just talk to him.

I don’t know if I will ever be the same person when I’m living without my other half.  It hurts so much. 

Unchained Melody is one of my favorites song.

toni2
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 6:15 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I now am getting wonderful memories of things we did together. Last night I had a dream about my DH and I taking our children on a walk over the fields again. That was our favorite thing to do after church on Sunday. We would pick berries and eat them until we couldn't eat any more. We would take the path down through the woods to town and then walk the road back up the hill to our home. It was about a 7 or 8 mile walk but it was so much more than that. Our children remember those days too.

We were married 63 years and all but three months would have been 64 years. 

ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Toni,     Those are beautiful memories. Thank You for sharing. Hugs Zetta

× Close Menu