Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Selling her car!!!
Judide65
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 10:22 AM

After months of discussion, we are finally selling my EOLO's car!!!  She hasn't been able to drive for months - dr instructions.  We have had several conversations, quotes and finally agreement.  She is sad as this is a major milestone in her life.  But she has agreed!!  

I am truly estatic to this progress!  Baby steps....

jmlarue
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 11:16 AM

Strike while the iron is hot! Add an extra $5,000 to the NADA value of the car and offer it to the old neighbor who tried to stir the pot with your LO. I detest these vultures that come out of the woodwork looking to profit off our LO's unfortunate loss of common sense.
Victoria2020
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 11:20 AM

WOOT!  What a relief. When you cancel the auto policy check with her insurance agent if she has the correct remaining personal liability coverage-- may need a Personal Excess or Personal Umbrella policy to protect her assets , if someone is driving her in their car, or running an errand for her  and they have little or no auto insurance and she's found responsible just because they are acting on her behalf.  Agent can explain fully.

And after the car is sold either send the title release form* [don't know what your state calls it] in by certified mail, return receipt or if you can file it on line & print the acceptance --- keep either documentation **forever**. 

I've gotten tickets , hit and run summons , parking  tickets for donated cars and having this proof kept me from court appearances to explain I wasn't the owner that day.

CA:

Sold your vehicle? Completing a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL) lets DMV knows that you are no longer responsible for parking/traffic violations or civil or criminal actions associated with the vehicle after the date of sale.

SusanB-dil
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 11:27 AM

Good for you!   I like to see a bit of good news once in a while.  it took MIL a bit, but she finally got used to not driving, although it did go a bit more smoothly than we thought. Hoping the same for you.

I agree with jmlarue to get it done quick, except that to sell it to that neighbor would be where she could see it rather often, might make her sad.

CatsWithHandsAreTrouble
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 11:42 AM

I'm so glad that the car is abled to be sold now! That's got to be a huge relief to get that ball finally rolling. Now if only that can happen with the cars we have at our place...

× Close Menu