Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Elder Law Attorney Suggestions in NYC or Long Island?
Margarita12
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2022 5:30 PM

Hi there, 

I am looking for a reputable elder law attorney located in either New York City or Long Island to help get POA documents signed by my elderly father. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations from this community. 

Also, if you've used a elder law lawyer to get POA docs signed in New York State, how much did it end up costing you and was it worth it? Thank you in advance for any help!!

- Marg

CatsWithHandsAreTrouble
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 5:43 AM

Margarita, you can try looking up on nelf.org for a CELA in your area. I've used that site a couple of times to find some really good ones out there, as have others on this forum.
RobinNicole
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 6:55 PM

Hi 

I heard the firm Enea, Scanlan & Siirignano out of white plains NY is great.  A friend uses them with planning for their mom.  They cover elder care, Medicaid planning, trusts, estate planning, guardianship protection.  Might be worth checking 

Jim Z
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 7:43 PM

Hi Marg,

My brother and I used Cona Elder Law for my mom's estate planning and for advice going forward as mom's situation changes. They have been terrific and have not nickle and dimed me which I really appreciate. Specifically we have worked with Melissa Negrin.

Hope this helps,

-Jim

rubialejoschrome
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 11:15 AM

It depends on what kind of help you need. But you are right that you are looking for an elder law professional.

× Close Menu