Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
4 mos since mom's death...and this is what I'm doing about it.
Waiting for a cure
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:56 PM

My mom has been gone from this earth four months today.

Today I:

1) smiled about some good memories

2) helped my son train his new pet bird, which my mom had done for me when I was a child;

3) registered for the Walk to End Alzheimer's!!!

4) had a good cry

5) am on the way to the gym to work on getting rid of the 30lb I put on over the last few years by putting my mom first and myself last....I don't regret the choices I made that got the weight there, I did all I could for my mom.  I'm turning 40 later this year, and I've got a beach vacation to look forward to, not gonna bring this extra 30 lb to the beach!

6) am giving thanks to my creator God, for his care of my mom is better than anything on this earth can offer. I'm confident I'll see her again some day.

cowboys
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 8:45 AM

Love #6!! I am going to keep repeating that to myself..thank you so much. That really helps me. God Bless you for sharing.
Waiting for a cure
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 4:04 PM

Thanks, Cowboys.
squarepeg
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:48 PM

I am also waiting for a cure. My mom had early onset and died in 2010 at age 67. I am in my early 40's and still cry, or want to cry often. My genes put me in the 25% of people likely to get AD (according to current research). I am scared, and hopeless a lot of the time. Mom was healthy, non smoker, perfect weight for her height, exercised, read all the time, smart, took vitamins, didn't drink alcohol.... just had bad genes.

× Close Menu