Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
A quick update
CarllyJean
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:00 PM

Hi, it is me Carly Jean for those who remember me.  I lost my mother after an 11 year struggle with AD.  She passed away on Jan. 19, just over 5 months ago.  Over the past several months I have gone from heartbroken to just sad.  The relief I felt just after her passing has been replaced by a kind of ache.  I must say, though, that I do not feel sad, all of the time nor do I feel the ache.  I  still shed a few tears every day when I think about my mom but I also crack a few smiles and have even let out a laugh or two.  My husband and I are planning a trip to visit the small town in Scotland where my mom's family was from for our 25th anniversary.  My mom never had the opportunity to do this.  I know it would make her so happy for me to go.  There were several of us who lost our loved ones earlier this year.  You were helpful and encouraging to me.  I will continue to keep you in thoughts and hold you in my prayers.  Hugs, CJ
KML
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:56 PM

I have friends who just came back from Scotland.  They had an absolutely wonderful time.  Enjoy and I know your mom will be with you in spirit.
Nora
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:02 PM

Scotland is so beautiful - how I loved the black-faced sheep there! You and your husband will have a fantastic time there, and it is a great way to celebrate your anniversary and to pay tribute to your mother's life. 

Your mother will be there in spirit, walking the same paths, listening to the same people and feeling your love for her family's homeland. She will be there with you and celebrating too!

God bless you and your husband. Eleven years is a very long time to care for a loved one; surely she felt your love every step of the way. Blessings!

× Close Menu