Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Advice on posting. & What would help "you"?
Geegee
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:49 AM

Nora started a topic for info to newbies.  I responded to it with the statement below. 

Then, mish had a good question about knowing when to start a new topic. I thought I would share it with you and ask for feedback. 

Do you have anything that would also help you read a post; what subjects interested you;  questions about posting, etc., etc. etc.

I offer this:

"...Also, it helps those of us who may have "processing" difficulties when we read typewritten notes, if it is double spaced every couple of lines or so.

It makes it easier to follow. Try not to make really long paragraphs.

Hopefully your computer will allow you to hit the "enter" key twice and provide a doupble space.

Welcome and know that we want to be there for you.Start a "new topic" anytime so we can give you the attention you need."

What do you want to add?

Happy posting

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:28 PM

I notice fewer posts recently.  Is it possible that people are using connections and not posting on the message boards?

Iris L.

Nora
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:30 PM

To respond to Iris first, I think that more people are continuing a thread and posting layer upon layer there. Not sure what to do about that, as we need to keep them from getting so unmanageable that no one can figure it out.

I don't think in the 10 months I've been on the boards that I have received more than 4 or 5 direct connections e-mails. People invite me but then we never correspond. Odd, but whatever ( )

As for postings, with Firefox it is not necessary any longer to force another paragraph, but with Google Chrome I have to hit Shift and Enter to get a double space between paragraphs. Otherwise it is too maddening to try to follow a posting with no white space anywhere. Hitting Enter key twice lies to me and pretends it will look right, but if I go back into edit I find out the truth (and it all runs together).

Well, now I will go back to the other 2 forums where I usually post, but I like checking everywhere. Each person on these forums has something to offer, and I want to get all I can out of my time!

God bless, my friends!

Myriam
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:38 PM

Iris wrote: I notice fewer posts recently.

I've been traveling for the last several weeks and moving from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment with the help of my grandson and 2 of his friends. Am still living with boxes all over the place and trying to figure out where everything is and where to put it. Ughhh!!! 

So I've only been posting news articles from Alzheimer's Daily News. I'll be back posting when I have the time and energy. In the meantime, I check in at least once a day to see how you all are doing. 

BTW, yesterday I had my annual memory and neuro testing through a study conducted by the VA. I did better than last year! 

× Close Menu