Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Looking for support group in Jacksonville, Fla
GBTrotter
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:27 PM

Hi there,

We've moved from Northern Va to Jacksonville, Fla.

They had several groups in Northern Va. that had early onset and my husband really enjoyed them. Does anybody know if a group in this area?

Thanks,

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:15 PM

GBTrotter, call the 24 hour Helpline number at 1-800-272-3900 and they will be able to put you in touch with your local chapter and local support groups.

Can your husband join us on this board?  We would like to meet him and get to know him.

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:09 PM

And if you haven't made that call yet, co just click on the link, local resources, above.
GBTrotter
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Hi there,

I just found time to make a call and it seems they have a group in Gainsville. I told the girl on the phone that I would drive him ANYWHERE they had one

. I still can't believe that Jacksonville, Florida doesn't have one yet. If I wasn't a caregiver, I'd start agree to head one. I'm still trying to find my training wheels as far as this AZD stuff is concerned.

Urania
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:12 AM

I live in Lorida Florida and have not found any group in Florida for those of us who have dementia.  I want to be in a group.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:55 AM

Welcome to our online support group, Urania.  I'm glad you found us but I 'm sorry for the reason you came. 

If you click on "local resources" at the top right of this page, you will be connected to your local chapter.  Or you can call the 24 hour Helpline number at 1-800-272-3900 and you will be connected with your local chapter.  They can let you know if there is a support group for Early Stage patients and for Early Onset patients.

How are you doing?  Are you on medications?  Please post back and tell us more about yourself. 

Feel free to begin your own thread by clicking on "Add Topic" on the "I Have AD" page.

I'm 62 with a diagnosis of cognitive impairment not otherwise specified.  I've been taking Exelon patch and Namenda for three years with good results.

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:49 PM

Hi Urania,

I am also in Early Stage and finally formed my own group.  Ask around. Introduce yourself to the local media. Suggest an article or segment of some show about Early Stage.

There are more of us out there.

Unfortunately, by the time the majority of patients are diagnosed they are well into middle stage, or beyond.

Do you know about Best Practices? 

Any chance of your being able to come to our national forum in DC in the spring?

Do get in touch with your local chapter. Hit local resources above.

And do stay with us. 

I'll have to clip on your name and read all about you.

Wrlcome!!

Mimi S.
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:51 PM

Urania,

PS. Do tell us more about yourself.

× Close Menu