Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
What am I Doing Up so EARLY?
Kaye
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:09 PM

What am I doing? I am not an early bird. The truth be known I like 10:30AM or better yet 11AM would suit me just fine.

I gotta tell you though, I did get up at 7:30 AM this past Sunday morning. Don't ask me why, but I did. I use to have trouble sleeping at night. My spouse Lisa told the doctor and, yep, he gave me sleeping pills to go along with a whole Pharmaceutics worth of other drugs that had been added over a period of time. Now Lisa and I are disabled ... some say I have been since birth, but that is a whole different story for another day. My Lisa has Ulcerative colitis, and of course I have early stage Alzheimer's. I tell you this because we fall into the what's called "Donut" hole with all the cost of our happy pills. Now I like donuts, but why do the happy pill people call it a donut hole? Why not call it: "you maxed out your insurance hole" or some other term like that? I don't know and beside thinking about it gives me a headache. Maybe I should add a pill for that too.

Well getting back to the beginning of this diatribe, the good doctor gave me sleeping pills. So being the obedient (Not) person that I am I take them along with all of the other rainbow colors of pills I usually take. The net result is I fall asleep about 10:30 or so sitting on the couch watch the boob tube. Now before you get any wrong Ideas, that is the TV. Not boobs. I'd stay awake for that! Some times I wake up at 2 or so in the morning and go crashing down the hall to bed. The other day, I forgot my PJ's so I didn't need to get dressed in the morning which to my way of thinking was neat. I didn't have to figure out what I need to wear. Well anyway back to the sleeping pills. those pills are so strong, as I noted, that a whole band could be playing in my room and I would not know it. In fact the guy with the big tuba could be blowing it with my head inside and that would not wake me up. 

So now, I have a dilemma. Why am I up so early in the night? it's only 7:30 AM. Maybe I"ll go make some ice cream bread, you know the recipe I gave you a couple of blogs ago, and eat all and be happy?

Disclaimer: Any spelling, grammar errors or any other such stuff is not my fault. It is Mr. Alzheimer's  Now I got to go find the ice cream (non-fat) and maybe a donut.

Johanna C.
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 11:37 AM

Well, hello to you Kaye and a very warm welcome indeed!  I must say, you are a doozy of a writer and you have added quite a few smiles and outright laughter for many of us.  What a delight.

We are glad you found your way here, and I am sure you are going to be  a wonderful additon to this Message Board.

A person here, (Member) may write on ANY forum they wish.  In fact, I'm willing to bet you have many insights and thoughts that can be very helpful to folks who are having difficulty or problem issues either on this forum OR on the Caregiving and Spousal/Partner Forums.  So, if  the spirit moves you to go into assistance mode on any of those Forums, please feel free to share there too.

In any case, glad to have you aboard, and you will always find support here from the other Members.

Johanna C.

Kaye
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 8:10 PM

Thanks Johanna,

I have never been called a doozy writer. At least I don't remember.

Thanks also for your complement. (I think that's spelled right...although I can beat spellcheck most of the time.

Have a Bootifil day!

Kaye

Mercy Grace
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 8:22 PM

Keep on sharing Kaye...I'm one that is now looking for your name on postings...love that sense of humor! Wishing you many opportunities to laugh and be happy in this life!

Hugs,

MG

× Close Menu