Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
A Reflection Over The Year...............
younghope1
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:21 AM

To my Dear Friends, I wish to share with you a reflection over 2012. Another year has gone by, now exactly 10 years snce I was first diagnosed with dementia, in time to be more precise as Pick's Disease. I am currently in the middle stages and other than short term memory lapses, some judgement calls, losing my balance and several falls, (just had one yestredaay) foot is very painful today. other than that I think most all is well. 

I have become more involved in my church than ever with great joy!!! Serving our food pantry, helping with the Christmas Program and singing specials whenever I get a chance. Even stood alone and sang Christmas carols at my local mall last week just before CHristmas. Would I have had the nerve to have done this 10 years ago.......the answer is NO. Guess that would tie into my executive functioning and inhibitions. As a lady at church told me recently, "I've never seen someone so bold, but done with grace." I basically speak my mind and later after realizing what I did, I hope that I am somewhat respectful. 

My son has made lots of changes coming into his own and still having to deal with me. We try and take one day at a time. Not all good by a long shot, but we still struggle through each day.

Was interviewed by People Magazine to do a story about Pick's disease, it will be published sometime in the first couple weeks of Jan. 2013, is all that I know at this point. Will let you kow when I have an exact date.

So, here is to another year come and gone.........May God Bless each and everyone of you in the coming New Year.

Tracy

Myriam
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:32 PM

So glad to hear from you and catch up with what you've been doing! Please don't stay away so long again.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:35 PM

Tracy, I'm glad to hear you are doing well ten years after diagnosis of Pick's disease!  Keep doing what you're doing!

I'm looking forward to your People article.

Be very careful about your gait and balance.

Best wishes to you and Austin in the New Year!

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 3:07 PM

Tracy,

Thanks for the follow up. I  wish you and Austin the very best 2013.

Johanna C.
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 12:07 AM

So good to hear from you Tracy - congratulations on your People Magazine article - I will try to find it when it comes out.

It is always good to hear about you and also about Austin - how is he doing now?  Is the foot infection gone?  He graduates this year, hard to believe that he is so grown up - time really goes by fast.

Anyway, do keep in touch and drop a line about Austin too, we like hearing from you,

Johanna C.

Lisa428
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:05 PM

Hi Tracy,

Better late than never.  Thanks for sharing all that has been going on with you and Austin.

Have I missed the article??

Please, let me know.

Peace and Hope Tracy,

Lisa

× Close Menu