Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
My resignation
dj okay
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:24 PM

I have turned in my resignation as Peer Volunteer, effective immediately.  It may take a week or so for my avatar to change, allowing me a chance to announce my decision.

This forum has been a lifeline to me for more than six years now.  I have been a Peer Volunteer for over four years.  My mother has been gone 17 months tomorrow.  My husband and I finally have the freedom to travel and do some of the things we've always dreamed of doing.  After giving this months of deliberation, I've decided it's time to move on.

I don't plan on leaving completely, but who knows what time will bring.  There are many folks here that have become dear friends in this cyber world in which we live.  So as not to leave you wondering what has become of me, I will answer any private messages from my connections.  But I cannot promise to monitor the forums with my previous dedication.

I will remain an advocate for Alzheimer's research, caregiver support, and the education of the general public.  These things are extremely important to me.

To all of you, I wish you all the best.  What you do is so important and this is a great place to find the support you need for your journey.  Remember to take care of yourself.  Your loved ones need you!

Last but not least, thank you all for the support I've received through the years!

As always, I will be "okay".      I hope you will be "okay", too!

sherijill
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:27 PM

1,782 posts?!   Wowza.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING and enjoy and be well!!

-Sheri

one daughter
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:48 PM

Reading that really made me cry. You have so much wisdom to give on the boards. You have made me feel better about myself many times. Your post inspire me. I will GREATLY miss you, cyber friend. But @ the same time I'm happy for you & your husband. I'm also glad I may be able to private message you. Thank you so much for being there. Not just on this board, but especially on the "CG'g who have lost someone" board. You are one awesome person. May God bless you & your husband. & again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:19 PM

Life must go on!  I'm glad you and your husband will be enjoying life and going here and there while you can.  I have appreciated your wisdom and encouragement so much on these boards.  I like your screen name, dj okay.  It's a good reminder.  Stay well!  Thanks so much!  
                {{{{{{{{dj okay}}}}}}}}

Iris L.

DZ
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:27 PM

You are one of the very special people in this world. It has been a privilege to be a forum bud with you.

Dave M. aka DZ

sewingmom2002
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:29 PM

Happy Trails, dj okay!

We will miss your wisdom on this board, but you deserve to travel and relax.

Take care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:43 PM

You will be missed more than you know. I thank you for your dedication dear friend and mentor and wish you many more wonderful and actual journeys. 

jessiedog
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:34 PM

All the best to you and your husband.

I do not post much, however, have been comforted as well as educated by your particiaption in this board.

CodyW
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:53 PM

DJ,

Thank you for your many kind, wise and supportive posts.  I've learned a lot from you.  Enjoy your travels and your DH.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

(from the song Closing Time by Semisonic)

CodyW

AWC
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:01 AM

You are one of the good ones. Thank you.
MLB61
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:25 AM

Oh, dj -- What can I say?  "Thank you" does not begin to convey how much you have helped and comforted me in the past few years.  You are a special person to have stayed after your mother's passing to help those coming behind us.  Your guidance and support was always spot on. 

It is one more step in this journey for you.  My parents passed away just about the same time as your mother.  I have not been as active on these boards since that time. I have always admired that you could still give of your time and heart to others here.  It is hard to let go, but you know when it is time to put your energy to use in other ways.  

I wish you all the best.  You deserve it!!!  Hugs from afar....

Twink
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:10 AM

Good for you, dj! Enjoy doin' YOUR thing for a change! I'll miss seeing what you have to say/share on a regular basis - have appreciated your thoughts since I started here - but am happy to see you off to fun adventures! Thanks for sharing the journey w/ us!  Big hugs, Twink      PS: Don't be surprised if I PM you just to check in!
BLONDE
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:33 AM

I just want you to know that have received great help and support from this website and I am sorry that I did not find it sooner. 

You are an ANGEL and LOVE will follow you wherever your journey takes you.  Thanks for all you help and advice. 

God Speed - Love BLONDE

Good Son's Wife
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:51 AM

You will be missed very much. Thanks for everything, and wishing you all the best.
KML
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:20 AM

dj:

I remember when you explained your postname, you said dj was not your profession   You explained that "okay" was your state of mind.  Things may not be great or perfect, but if it was okay, that was just fine.  That thought has stuck with me all these years and helped me through a lot of tough situations over the years.

Your compassion, kindness, patience, wisdom, knowledge has been so appreciated by so many here and for me, it's been a tremendous gift.

There are some posters' names that are just the "go to" upon signing on.  It's going to take me a while to get used to not seeing "dj okay", but I am happy for you and your husband, and knowing you will be getting the opportunity to do the things you want to and enjoy, makes me feel very happy and excited for you.  Thank you for your unselfish sharing of your time and self. 

You know we love you and will always be grateful to you.  The world is a better place for you being in it.   Take care, my friend.

nessa
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:54 AM

Oh WONDERFUL WOMAN of REASON and major OKAYitis...you will be missed. but I wish you wonderful times ahead with your husband...you're soooo smart to take advantage of this time. 

If your travels bring you to the Seattle area I would love to meet you and give you a hug. 

Onward.....
Because she's my mom!
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:33 PM

We will miss you, and your wise advice. Enjoy traveling with your hubby!!!!
Maggs
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:43 PM

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Be well.

Maggs

VKB
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Thank you for all your advice to those walking the walk. Thank you for listening.

May you truly enjoy life.  Come back and say hello when you are able.

Peace, Veronica

shacronin
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Wishing you all the best.  Now go!  Enjoy life, you know you deserve it!  And thank you for all the years of advice.
Mercy Grace
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:54 PM

Hi DJ...

I signed in here specifically to wish you God's blessings as you move ahead with your life. You helped me many times along the way and I appreciate your kindness and wisdom.

Love and Peace,

MG

lost124
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:29 PM

All the best to you; enjoy your travels and enjoy life!
DaughterofMarie
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:02 PM

Thank you DJ.  

Your kindness, compassion, 

and knowledge have meant so much to me through these tough years.

Please pop in once in awhile to let us know how you are doing.

You will be missed!

Unforgiven
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:09 PM

I think you should call it your well-deserved retirement. Thank you for your service!
YS
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:49 PM

dj okay, I want to add my appreciation for your supportive and helpful posts. I know I have been helped enormously by the PVs in this site. I wish you many, many beautiful days ahead. You will be missed.

Henry,s daughter
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:14 PM

Ditto what KLM said......  You will be missed, but YOUR time has come.

Thanks so much! 

Sue

shirleywhirley
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 7:07 AM

Oh, my gosh.  I didn't realize you were going.  I don't want you to go.  But I understand you have an exciting life ahead of you.  I will sure miss your replies.  You helped me a great deal.

I wish you the best of everything.  I hope you come back some day.  I think I love you.

Sheryl726
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:25 AM

dj,

Friends of the heart and friends here.  Please realize how very important you are to me and the help that you have given me as I travel this journey.

As my mother continues I will carry forward with so many of the wise things that you have posted.

Thank you for all that you have given of yourself to these boards and know that you are wished Happy Trails and many wonderful travel memories with your DH.

Hugs

(((((((djokay))))))))

Sheryl 

imutual
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:34 AM

Thank you for your insights and responses over the past year. Knowing others have survived this AD journey intack is priceless.

Enjoy your new journey from here on out!

Blessings.

jooliet
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:00 PM

As the Mad Hatter whispers to Alice before she leaves:

"Fairfarren, djokay". 

The rabbit hole will always be here whenever you feel like making the trip back to Wonderland.

Shellybell
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:18 AM

djok - I will miss you very much.  Your support, advice, humor, volunteering, sharing your thoughts, knowing what you have been thru, have kept me and the others (as you can see from the posts) churning.

Enjoy your future and please stop back from time to time just to say hello.

You will be missed very much.

stedyfred
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:24 AM

Thanks dj for all your help. Best wishes. Good luck and take care.
chloeanne
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 3:03 PM

Dj okay-  Thank you for all your kind words... You have provided much support and education to everyone on this forum..  Enjoy your travels and be well..
SunnyDaze
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 3:43 PM

I just got here, but spent yesterday and today reading many threads with your replies and knowledge added. I also want to wish you Happy Trails!
Bubbily
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 7:46 PM

DJ, You have been tremendously supportive to me in the last few years, ( I had a different name) . Your advice is always well thought out and useful.  Your compassion is wonderful.

Good luck to you as you move on , hope to see you here from time to time.

× Close Menu