Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Just need to talk to my friends(11)
Lorita
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 11:37 AM

Good morning,

Happy September and Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Guess it was time to start a new volume - I think the present one has been going for about two months.

It's partly cloudy here this morning - some rain north of here.  It is so humid. I was out for about an hour and was really sweating by the time I got back in.  I let the heifer and little bull back with the other heifers.    I also tried giving Bubba some milk in a pan and a little feed - he nibbled but kept calling his mom.  So, they're together now.

nessa - thank so much for the links you gave me about grocery delivery in OKC.  The grocery delivery on demand will be in service this fall and I think from what I read it's mostly online.  My sister doesn't have a computer but I could order for her, I guess.   The other one - Click Shop is in service now and I think you can call for that one.  It looks like it has most everything you'd need - still only $2.99 for delivery if you order before midnight the day before you want it delivered.  I'll tell her all about it and if she doesn't feel like going or it's wintertime and she doesn't want to get out - that'll be an option.  I'm going to call or e-mail them and see if they have a grocery list they could send her.   Some things are a little bit higher, for example, one apple is $1.25.   I saw Braeburn apples (my favorite) in the store the other day and they were $2.16 a pound so not much difference there.

Milly - so sorry to hear your back is giving you so much trouble.  Lifting and pulling on people will do that for you especially if your back isn't too good in the first place.   Yes, there's always something going on here - I never know what to expect when I go out in the mornings.

Don't give up on the VA - if your husband served a very short time with an honorable discharge, it counts.  There has to be a way to get you in with the VA.  I know help in the home must be expensive and probably hard to find.  I don't know if I'm looking forward to having someone come into our home and shower and shave Ray or not - may be a little bit too much for both of us but we'll try it and see.   If a person could just wiggle their nose like Jeannie and they would be there when you needed them, that would be perfect.  As it will be, things might be all right while they're here, and as soon as they leave, something happens.   But, it can't be helped.  

I know your little poodle was happy to be groomed.  Barclee's needing it in the worst way but I've been waiting for his eyes to get a little better and for the weather to cool off.  The groomer we use is about 30 miles away so that's 60  miles round trip - twice - because he's there 3-4 hours and we can't stay in town that long.   I think our vet has a groomer at his place so I may check into that - only 10 minutes away from us.  I may have told you we used to have 12 poodles and more when there were puppies.  I groomed all of them myself - just puppy clips but by the time I finished bathing and grooming them, I was worn out and I was a lot younger then.  I miss poodles - they are so smart (don't tell Barclee I said that).  He's very smart, too.  Ray and I both tell him over and over how lucky we were that he decided to come and live with us - and we were.  I can't imagine being without him.

Well, I'm a little color coordinated today - again.  This time the center part of the huge bruise is beginning to show some yellow to match the flowers in my dress - guess it'll go through all the colors.  Still sore if something is against it but getting better.  

Ray's up and has had his breakfast and Barclee's outside so I better go get him before he wonders off.  Sometimes he can find his way back to the porch but most often I find him sitting in the yard.  I took down the trash this morning in the CW and Bella and Susie went with me and they're still out running around so they'll have plenty of exercise today.  As I got close to the road, I saw our neighbor go by in his Gator, taking minerals to his cattle, and the dogs were ahead of me and guess they thought it was me and ran after him for a while until they saw me when I got to the road to turn around and then they came back.  

Guess we'll watch tennis today and not do much.  I need to put out creepfeed but don't feel up to it today - maybe early in the morning.  

Hope you all are having a good labor day and that it will be a restful one for you.

milmac111
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Good afternoon ladies from steamy Massachusetts. The temp isn't too bad (high 80's) but the humidity is way up there. I can stand the heat but not the humidity. All and all we have had a pretty nice summer, only a few 90's and many days in 70's and low 80's with not much humidity. That is my kind of weather and unusual for summers here.

I don't post often here, but always try to keep up with the goings on. Twink and Leanne sure do have some outdoor skills and a variety of troublesome creatures for neighbors. We have coyotes and some people say there is a wolf in our area, but have never seen one, and don't wish too. Black bears have been spotted not far from here and one even found his way across a fast moving canal and out on to Cape Cod.

Lorita~ Marjorie  is the one with the bad back, and I so sympathize with her, as I went several years with sciatica pain, and now it will bother me if I am standing for too long during the day. I was sorry to read of your bruise, my daughter has gotten the same thing from one of her horses. It took a long time to completely go away.

I just saw Bridget had posted on one of her threads and said she was ok, and just too busy too write. So we can all make a collective sigh of relief for her.

telinde~ I am so sorry that your dh is still having the a problem with the blues, Ieland has had a very bad time of it with his dw, and I so wish for you both to find some relief for both your sakes.

It was good to read Carolyn and her dh are adjusting to the new living arrangements. She certainly did go above and beyond to try to keep him home.

Twink sad to read your mom is declining, seems like a lot of us are going through that phase. Mac is having more trouble in assisting with standing and getting him from bed to wheel chair or into shower chair. I am also concerned, as he has a few times recently been choking on food and I fear the dreaded aspiration that can happen.

Well I think we all agree Johanna missed her calling on writing professionally. Although I can tell she was of great value in her chosen career of nursing, and I know there would be a big void without her here. But her entry was wisely chosen for the "Chicken Soup" book, so maybe a short story author would be doable.

BTW, I know Lorita has a hard time posting photos so I thought I would post a few that I took for her, and I think I captured the one that Johanna was talking about. 

The one with no name

The ballerina

The world traveler

The one who gives sugar

One who helps herself to breakfast

And they love to play like kids

Bless you all, and stay strong,

Milly

File Attachment(s):
September-29-30-2007-10.jpg (50142 bytes)
Vache_tutu.jpg (84142 bytes)
Funny-Cow-29.jpg (13307 bytes)
funny-cow-pictures-1.jpg (110708 bytes)
Funny-Cow-22.jpg (32558 bytes)
funny-cow-pictures-17(1).jpg (102254 bytes)
Funny-Cow-18.jpg (22197 bytes)
funny cows (21).jpg (20303 bytes)

Linda Dee
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 2:50 PM

Milly, great pictures!!  Made me laugh out loud! I can hardly wait for Lorita's response....lol.

Linda Dee

Twink
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 3:31 PM

Hey y'all, can't post much, have to get home. Posted what's going on on CG board. Mom is unresponsive & expect her to leave anytime. Will update when I can! Hugs, Twink
Linda Dee
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 3:45 PM

Oh Twink!!!!   My heart goes out to you!  Prayers, loving thoughts, to sustain you.

I know you are a strong person, but I know support can never hurt.

Love, Linda Dee

Mulelady
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Twink, I am so sorry about your mom.  We all know how this terrible disease ends, but it doesn't make it any easier.  We all only have one mom. My heart goes out to you and you will be in my thoughts.

Milly, I loved the pictures.  My mom just had a surgery for nerve pain down her leg and in her hip.  They took the caps off of 3 vertebrae and scraped out the arthritis. She was  89 last week and is doing really good.  It has only been a couple of months and she is out working in her garden and mowing her lawn.  She told me she doesn't know why she waited so long.  It's pretty hard to have surgery and be a caretaker for Alz, but something to think about.

Lorita, Try soaking in the tub with epson salts, or make an poultice with it.  It will usually take the sore out of those really deep bruises. I buy it in a gel at the vet supply store for using on horses.  It is a little gritty, but know several people that smear it on anyway.  I'm not sure just what kind of apples we have.  I think the tree in the back is a transparent.  It ripens first and doesn't keep very well, but sure tastes good.  Then I have 2 trees that have good sized apples that even when they are ripe, they are a green color.  Just a little red on a top or side.  Great for pie or sauce. And they keep real good.  Then I have a couple of trees with about golf ball sized apples. They get real red and after they frost are really sweet.  Before that, they are awful. I like to throw them into my apple sauce the skins make the applesauce real rosy and pretty and add a little nip.  The mules and donkeys are going to be in 7th heaven this year as the trees are all loaded.  The 2 horses don't really care that much for apples.  Strange, most horses do.

I got to get out early and ride Charlie before Don got up.  He has been staying in bed late the past few days.  Was a good ride.  A little chilly this morning and he was kind of snorting and blowing-but it was all just a act. The dogs had a good time going along, but when I got home I realized they smelled like a gut-pile.  Yuck!!  They got a good bath and rinsed with vinegar water and now they smell pretty good and are shiny and pretty.  They aren't real thrilled, I think they liked their smell.

Joan, I'm sorry Harv has been so down.  It would be nice to know if he really feels sad, or if it is just a reaction for some other reason. Don has never cried, but he is real sad a lot.  He has gotten so it is an effort to move from the bed to his chair and then to the table to eat.  So far he is making it to the bathroom, but I'm not sure how long that can last. He was always so strong and muscular, he hardly ever sat still.  He has stayed in bed til 1:30 the past 3 days, he only gets up then, because I dig him out and make him go to the table and eat and drink something. Then he goes right back in and lays down until I get him up about 5:00 to watch the news and have dinner.  He has been real easy to get along with, no anger to speak of and only occasionally unhappy because the dogs aren't doing what he wants them too. (They nor I can figure out what that is.) He takes risperal, but after the first couple of weeks it quit making him tired and he has been taking it for quite a while so I don't think that is it.  I just think he doesn't care anymore. Guess I probably wouldn't either/.

I hope everyone had a good labor day.  Have a calm and gentle evening.  Leanne

telinde
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 7:52 PM

Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a restful day.  It was beautiful here today.  We had a quiet day.  Took Harv out for a drive, watched some tennis, a bit of golf,  and rested up.

We had some crying but not much.  He is worse tonight.  I gave him a Seroquel a little bit ago, so hopefully it will calm him down. 

Milly, I loved the pictures of the cows.  Perfect picture of Johanna's  description.  Very cute.  We had a poodle when we were kids.  He was our best friend and a real cuddle bug.  When he would get groomed, he would prance around for a day showing off his new haircut.  I still miss that little guy. 

I just saw a post from Twink.  Sounds like her Mom isn't doing well today.  If you check in Twink, I will be praying for you and you family.

Lorita, Sounds like your bruise is changing colors with your outfits.  Makes me hurt just to think about it.  The worst I ever got on the ranch was when my horse stepped on my foot.  Didn't break it but it sure was sore for a long time.  My Mom was always getting kicked by the milk cows.  I am glad you get to rest today. 

Have a good night.  Joan

Lorita
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 9:34 PM

Good evening, everyone,

Tornado warnings in northern Oklahoma tonight  with heavy rain and hail.  Hope it stays north although we do need rain.

Where is the post from Twink?   I didn't see it anywhere.  I'm so sorry her mom isn't doing well - prayers going up from here for her tonight.

Milly - I love the pictures.  I can just see some or our cows or calves dressed like that one in the pink tutu and doing the other things.  Thanks so much - gave me some good laughs.  They do get the funniest expressions on their faces.  I was out with them yesterday morning and had on a cap.  I got the strangest looks from some of the calves.  I took off the cap and told them it was me and then everything seemed to be okay.  Didn't recognize me without the silver hair, I guess.

Ray and I went out again tonight in the CW to see the girls.  It was so very pleasant.  They were all in the same area on pretty, green grass, grazing and just enjoying the cool wind.  I told him there was no way I could live in town and miss things like this.  Hope I never have to.   We couldn't find Bubba anywhere - I looked and looked and finally saw him across the pond.  He'd been laying down and got up so I finally saw him.  He came across and started to graze.  I really wish I'd had my camera with me - there was the cutest few moments when Bubba and his papa, Jasper, were grazing next to each other - so sweet and such a big difference in size.    I don't know if he's doing much better or not.  I keep thinking he'll see the bigger calves go into the feeders and will go in and start to eat.  He should be bigger than he is by now.

I see that Bridget has posted and I'm anxious to read what she says - I'll do that when I finish here.   Also want to read what Twink said - if I can find it.

Thanks, Leanne for the information about the Epsom salts gel - never heard of it.  I think I'm past that stage now though - the center part of the bruise is pretty yellow now.  Last year my sister fell on an uneven sidewalk and bruised the side of her face and she said it took a long, long time for it to get back to normal.  She said she looked like she'd been beaten.

The weather says the storms are now around Bartlesville.  Storm chasers are out.   I think it will all stay north of us but maybe some cooler weather here from the outflow.

jfkoc - did you see the documentary on the unique and historical places in Oklahoma City tonight?   It was very interesting - they went from A to Z.  They had some good things about the canal and the river downtown.  I didn't realize that Springlake wasn't there any more.  I remember seeing Jerry Lee Lewis there many years ago.  It was on OETA.  I missed part of it but it'll be on again at 5 in the morning but, hopefully, I'll be asleep.

I have to put the creep in the feeders in the morning - they're almost out.  I thought about doing it this evening but we still had a heat index of about 100.  Weather says the winds are about 70 mph around Bartlesville with heavy rain.

Linda Dee - I looked and found the recipe for the zucchini bread.  I'll put it somewhere so I can find it when I get time to make it.  Still haven't shredded the zucchini - must do that tomorrow.

I'm so glad your elephant ear has lived.  I hope it grows for you.  Guess you'll probably dig it up and bring it inside this winter and replant it next spring.  I'm not sure I still have the packing label that came with mine so I can get another one next spring - hope I haven't thrown it away.

Ray's been good today - BS and BP as good as it can be.  We took a 2 hr.  nap this afternoon and enjoyed that.    Hope everyone rests well tonight and we'll keep good thoughts for Twink and her mom.

Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Good morning,

It's pouring rain!  Started just a few minutes ago and the radar looks like it'll keep raining for a while.   I'm so glad - we really needed it.

I got up pretty early so I could put out the creepfeed.  Got that done and then went across the pond to check on the cattle.  I saw Bubba laying down among them.   Got the cats fed and Ray back in the house and it started to get really dark.  I went back onto the porch to see if the cows were coming up to the barn - they were.  I saw three or four swimming across the pond with another one behind - all you could see was his head.  I went out in the yard to make sure they got across and the little one I saw was Bubba!   He got out, then took off toward the barn with his tail in the air.  If I'd known it was him, I would have been worried to death.  They're all in now, I hope, because it's just pouring.  We have DirecTV and when it rains hard we don't have a picture so got to see the radar on the laptop.  The dogs are on the porch wanting in because we're having some thunder.

I don't think Ray slept too much last night or at least early this morning.  Every time I'd move, he'd ask if I was okay.  So, he got up when I did.  We'll have to take a nap today sometime.

When I was putting the feed in the creeper, I saw this great big black and yellow spider.  She moved down out of the way and I kept watching her.  When I put the last sack in, I looked and couldn't find her anywhere.  I don't know where she went.  I just hope I didn't hurt her.  I did see her egg sack or whatever you call it.  Maybe she was down around it somewhere that I couldn't see.   Phoebe's sitting on the arm of my chair looking so worried - guess she's afraid of the thunder, too.

They've had a lot of wrecks in Tulsa this morning because of the rain - I don't like to be in town with a lot of traffic when it's raining because of that. 

I haven't read any other posts this morning so I'm wondering how Twink is and if things are all right.  Maybe should read on the CG message board, too.

Not much going on except the rain which we needed so badly.  The grass is turning brown but not in the pastures yet.  I think I'll ask the man who brushhogged for us a while back to finish the east pasture - lots of snow on the mountain in it.  Years ago Ray brushhogged the NE pasture that was covered in snow on the mountain and when he finished he was covered from head to toe with the pollen and so was the tractor.  How I wish he could still get on his tractor and brushhog and feed the cows like he used to.  He loved that so much but now never talks about it at all.   Darn disease!

Talk with you all later.

Mulelady
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:22 AM

Morning all, It is cool here again this morning. I picked more cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes.  I called a neighbor that cooks at the little school out here and she will come and get some for the kids.  The school only has 11 students from kindergarten through 8th grade.  One of the few true country schools left.

Lorita, It sounds to me like Bubba is getting a lot better.  If he is swimming and running with his tail in the air, he is feeling a lot stronger.  It might take him a few months to get very much growth. I have fed those little slow ones milk pellets.  You would probably have to give them to him in the barn and where mom and the others can't get them.  They are pretty expensive compared to creep, but it gives them that extra fat the seem to need so bad.  Ground corn also works.  If you can't get him to eat it, try mixing in a little molasses. My friend sprinkled the calf milk powder on creep and added a little molasses and she said it worked good. I'm sure you've had it happen before, when one of those little guys never really does catch up and are always small.  Enjoy the rain.

Twink, Hope your mom is still peaceful today.

Well, I'm going to try to attach a couple of wolf pixs. I realized the all but these of this gray wolf are in my photo albums, taken with 35 mm film.  I will scan them into my computer if these get posted.  This guy was sitting in front of his den.  There were at least 4 pups, but they never got out far enough to get them in a picture. We didn't see the mom, but found an elk kill real close that they were feeding on.  Hope everyone has a great day.  Leanne

Okay, I tried to attach the files and it tells me they are too big, does anyone know how to get around that?

BIDDIE12
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:51 AM

Hello Friends

It is hot and very humid in NJ.   I hate to,  but I must give out flea meds today to my dogs.. and I always do it outside.   than I will wait 3 or 4 days and give them baths in the baby pool outside while it is still warm.   

I will take them to be groomed next month.  So they will get haircuts than.

Not a good night here.  Rich always starts his stuff at 3:30am or 4am.. Last night he started at 2:20am,  and we only went to bed at 11pm.  at 3:30 or 4am he was shaving for Senior Care.   It was a bad night.  So I have a call into the VA Primary to ask for "something" that will make him Sleep the whole night, I can't keep going like this.   We will also go to the VA tomorrow for his MRI.

Loritta,  thanks for starting this new thread, and Happy Sept to you also.

I'm very sorry you were kicked by your own Cow,  I'm sure Panda is already sorry, being that you make sure she has food and all.. I'm sure she is up all not crying about it "NOT".   I do think if you get a chance to soak it, that should help.  So Leanne is right about that.   I know you got a COUPLE of links for food delivery.  Here are a few more.    My girlfriend always used  "Schwan's.com  Grocery Service

also,  Koco.com

and this one I think is the best.  it also has some video's on youtube and on their web site.   freshdiret.com   for your home or office.   Delivered in a refridge truck.    Check them out.

TWINK,  I'm so sorry about your Mom not doing well.    I did want to tell you that when I read the post of your Mom raising her hand to put her fingers by her mouth to blow you a kiss, as I read I pictured her doing it and it filled my heart.   It reminded me of my Grand Daughter when she was 8 mon old, I use to say to her when I was leaving her house.  "I love you Tessa".. but as I said it,  I placed my hand over my heart.   They day came when she placed her hand over her heart.  To this day that is our thing that we do all the time to each other.   That is why they say,  Geriatrics are like pediatrics.  Not much difference.

Millie, I'm so glad I could give you a sigh of relief, and I thank you for your concern.

Leanne,  I did want to get back to you when you posted about "having a Dog".    I wanted you to know that I never had a Dog until I was over age 50yrs.   Now I have 3 dogs,     I rescued our Lab, and had her for about 2 years.  I than wanted to know what it was to have one from Puppy, so we got the Doxie's.   I have never been sorry.   They bring such Joy to our lives.  Since I have our Lab "JEWEL".  I have become a Dog advacate.. and have found homes for over 45 dogs in the last 6 years.    In my later years , when i'm no longer a care taker,  I will prob.  become a Transporter. and get Dogs to their new homes,  but driving them so many miles in a day.. and handing them over to the next driver.  I donate to 3 different shelters and I post on 3 different Dog sites.   So i'm a late starter , trying to make up for lost time.  But they never ask for anything, but are the first ones there to lick your tears.  I thank you for your comment.  

I hope you all have a Great Day

Bridget

Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:02 PM

Good afternoon,

Same thing happens to me, Leanne, when I try to post pictures.  I've never really been able to reduce the size.  People have told me over and over how to do it but still no good results here. 

It's been raining most of the morning, really hard at times. I was going to go out just now to see how much we've had but I'll wait.  The radar shows some more pretty heavy rain coming this way.  I'm so glad we're getting it.

I imagine you're talking about calf manna, right?   It is expensive but worth it if it works.  I have sweet feed that I've mixed with the medicated creep for him.  He'll eat a few bites and quit.  When I have a bottle baby I start handfeeding them in about a week and that works but this little guy is a little bit too wild for that.  You're right, he must be stronger to swim all the way across the pond in that deep water.  I guess he waited a little bit too long to go around so probably followed his mom.  Other cows and calves went around.  

I'm going to have to call our vet about his little bull.  Yesterday I noticed he has a knot on his lower jaw and I want him to know about it.   I'll wait until tomorrow or later today when it stops raining.  His office closes at 5 so I'll call after that so I'll get him directly.  I hope it's nothing serious.

Our weather says it's going to be in the mid to upper 90s the rest of the week.  Sometimes September here is pretty hot but it won't be long before the weather cools off and I'm ready for that.  I like weather when it's cool enough to wear a sweat shirt and jeans or at least a long-sleeved shirt. It sounds like your weather is cooling off pretty fast.  When do you usually get your first snow?   Do you get much during the winter.   Here in this part of the state we get more ice than snow except last year we got more snow.  Ice storms are bad here - we've been out of electricity (we're total electric except for heat) up to two weeks several times since 2000.  In fact we moved down to the farm house just before Christmas in 2000 to beat an ice storm.  We were out of power for two weeks.  Made it really hard to get to the barn even though it's close to the house.  At that time I had two bottle babies and one that drank out of a pan or bucket.  We only had one heating stove (propane).  At night I'd sit the water in front of the stove and by morning it would be warm enough to dissolve the milk substitute for the calves and repeat it for the feeding that evening.  That was really roughing it.  Lots of sandwiches. 

I think this year I'll get some boots that are insulated and water repellant - muck boots - there's some other name.  I usually wear rubber boots when it's wet and my feet get cold even with two pairs of socks or insulated boots and they get muddy.  Hate to spend that much on a pair of boots but you need warm, dry feet when you're outside.  Lots of pretty solid colors and some with pretty patterns.

Nessa - I don't remember if I told you but I looked up ClickShop and even called them.  They said they'd have a catalog out with what they have and the prices by the end of the year.  He said you can call in your order and the first couple of times, they'll look up what you need with the prices.  You can pay them or when they're delivered.   Some of the prices are a bit higher but it would be worth it not to have to get out in the bad weather or when she didn't feel so good.  Wish they had that kind of delivery service here.  The other place will be in operation sometime this fall.  Thanks so much.

We're watching tennis and Ray's pretty quiet.  I think he's sleepy.   It's thundering again - hope it rains all afternoon.

Looking forward to someone telling you how to reduce the picture size so we can see the wolf pictures, Leanne.  

BIDDIE12
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:09 PM

I  did forget to mention in my post above...  ABOUT WAFFLES

their had been a lot of talk about waffles on this thread,  I think we all love them.  I was able to get a box of "SWEET BELGIAN WAFFLES"  that are idiv/wrapped. made by  CAMILLA'S KITCHEN..   you can google it.    I got them in Sam's Club, a warehouse store.   What I love is they do not need to go in the fridge. they have their own wrapper, so you only need to open one at a time. "the rest stay fresh.   "super good".  also they go in the "Oven,  Microwave,  or your toaster.  just butter and syrup...  your good...   they are very thick,   I paid $5.00 for a box of 12        check them out.   they could prob.  send them to you in the mail.

have a good day...

Bridget

milmac111
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:40 PM

Lorita and Leanne, when you open up your pictures and select the one you want to post, select "edit", then select "paint' I have attached how the box looks on my laptop. the first attachment  shows the picture you wish to use, click on the word "resize" a ( 2nd attachment) smaller box will open and at the top click on the dot for "pixels"  it will show two numbers as mine does, horizontal is 234 and vertical says 210. Your numbers will say something different, Those numbers need to be lower, try cutting the numbers in half ....so mine would be 117 for horizontal and 105 for vertical. Your numbers will be higher so just take them out and reduce each one by half... (What you do to one you must do to the other by the same percentage, it won't work any other way.)Close all windows and close pictures. Then go back to your post and select the  attachments box and try it again, it should then be small enough to be acceptable. Hope this works for you.

Milly

PS. The first image is a little small so press the CTRL key and also the + (plus sign) it will enlarge the picture so you can see it better.

File Attachment(s):
Capture 2.PNG (168354 bytes)
Capture.PNG (8822 bytes)

HappyBee
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:55 PM

Test
File Attachment(s):
Honeys ring(2).jpg (20656 bytes)

HappyBee
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:58 PM

Lorita, I did it. Yay me!! This is my hubby's ring that i told you I had a jeweler shape it into a heart. I just could not put my message with the pic.

HappyBee

HappyBee
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:13 PM

Lorita, I just saw a post from Twink at the Caregivers forum. It seems her Mom passed away. She also said she would post and update soon.
telinde
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:44 PM

That is beautiful.
telinde
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:02 PM

Hi everyone.  Not much going on here today.  Nice weather and enjoying the sunshine.  Lorita:  Yes, we have a short growing season.  May--Sept is about all.  It usually freezes in September and then warms up again after all the plants are black.  Sounds like you are getting some cooler weather and rain you have been needing.  I hope you get a nice steady rain for a few days, but no tornadoes.  I bet that is a frightening thing to watch a tornado approaching.  That would scare me.  We usually don't get snow until the very end of November or early December.  If we get it earlier than that, it is usually just a skiff and melts right away.  Day time highs can stay in the high 40's through November.  Last winter, we had a record amount of snow.  I guess the drought we were in is lifting.

Bridget, the waffles sound wonderful.  We have a Sam's Club 90 miles away.  Will check them out the next time I go that way.  I hope Rich's MRI went well today.

I am feeling sorry for Twink losing her Mother yesterday.  Bless her heart.  She was very close to her.

Harv seems so good today.  He hasn't whimpered or cried yet.  What a nice break for both of us.  He is having trouble knowing what I am talking about lately.  If I say take your pants off and we are in the bathroom, he sometimes heads for the shower.  He can't figure out what I am talking about.  I guess that must be part of the progression. 

I am going to make some more of the zucchini bread and put it in the freezer for the fall.  I have a big one I need to grate and use before it gets too old.

Take care and enjoy the evening.  Joan

Mulelady
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:43 PM

HI,  I lied, when I looked at recipe, there are a couple more ingr. if you count salt etc.  Mix: 1 C. soft shortening (Butterflavor crisco) not butter or marg.

1 1/2 C Sugar

2 eggs

Mix together and stir in:

2 3/4 C. flour

2 Tsp Cream of tarter

1 tsp soda

1/4 tsp salt

Roll into balls the size of a walnut.  Roll balls in mixture of 2 TBS sugar and 2 tsp cinnamin. 

Mulelady
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:54 PM

I have no idea what happened to the rest of my post.  Bake the cookies at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Just until bottoms are browned but the cookies are still soft.

Bridget what a wonderful and worthwhile thing to do.  It's a good thing for dogs and dog lovers that people like you are out there.

Lorita, I buy "Muck Boots", that's the brand name.  They are really warm.  Add a pair of wool socks and my feet stay toasty on the worst days and they are water proof.  Leanne

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:24 PM

Happy bee....I will do that when the time comes.
BIDDIE12
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:04 PM

Dear Happybee,

I remember reading about your Hubby's ring, and thinking how beautiful the idea was.   Now to see it "I love it even more"..  Thanks so much for sharing that.    Love love,,,

Bridget

BIDDIE12
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:10 PM

H ey, Joan

So glad Harv is having a good Day,  you really have had a time with that.  It is so Sad,  and I would be upset all the time if my Rich was crying all the time.   Did you ever try the stuffed Dog.  Maybe one that feels real,  or a Real one???

Have a good night all.

off to bed..  oh  joan,  MR I..  Sept 3rd , wed..

best to you all..  It is Raining.. as I sign off in JERSEY.. love to sleep in the rain. Its Natural....

Bridge

Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:39 PM

Good evening, everyone,

Thanks, Milly, I'll try that when I'm alone and the TV isn't on.  Sounds kind of complicated but maybe I can do it.

Happy Bee - the necklace made from the ring is beautiful and such a wonderful idea.  I wear a heart around my neck all the time so that would be just right.  I know it means a lot to you, too.

Thanks for the information about Twink's mom.  I feel so bad for her but at least now her mom is well again.  I know she'll miss her so much.  I still miss my mother every day and she passed away 18 years ago.  I guess you never get over missing your mother - or daddy either.

Joan - maybe you won't have as much snow this winter.  But, then again, if you all have been in a drought you'll want as much water in any form as possible.  We've been in a drought for a long time, too.   Right now we're almost 8" below the normal rainfall for the year.  We did get 2.3" today - and it was wonderful.  Last night I thought about watering some flowers but trusted that we'd get some rain - and we did.   Tomorrow is supposed to be really hot though so we'll steam to death if we're outside.  Guess we're never really satisfied for long with the weather.

I'm so glad Harv has been good today and not crying.  Ray hasn't whimpered today either.  So, seems like we're both doing pretty well today.  I need to get Ray in the shower so maybe tomorrow.  I'd like to run into town in the morning but may wait until the next day since it's going to be so hot.

Leanne - thanks for the recipe - it sounds really good.  I think I even have some Crisco that I bought a long time ago.  I'll try those for sure.

I talked briefly with our vet this evening - about his little bull and the knot or growth on his throat.  He said it was there already - he'd had an abscess and it granulomatous tissue.  That was really a relief.  Also talked to him about Bubba.  He says he doesn't think Gray Lady gives enough milk and I'd need to get him on grain.  I put him in the stall this evening with some barn mix and creep and he did eat some of it.  Also put a pan of milk in and he may have drunk a little of it.   Gray Lady came up a while ago wanting him out so I let him out with her tonight - he jumped on her milk right away.

I think I'll get some muck boots - no reason to be cold or wet if I have to be outside.  I should have gotten them back in the summer when our vet's clinic had them on sale. But, that's me, a day late and a dollar short.

Bridget,  I hope the MRI goes well and that you get some good sleep tonight - you'll need it tomorrow.

Going to read Twink's post and watch some more tennis.   Sleep well, everyone.

Lorita
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Good morning,

Hope everyone's doing all right this morning.  Ray's still asleep and so is Mr. Barclee.   I woke up before 7 and just laid there - didn't want to get up at all and didn't until almost 8 a.m.  

Abigail moved her babies last night.  She had them in the linen closet in the bathroom.  I kept the door open so she could go in and go but she kept moving them out of the box onto the floor.  I'd put them back and she'd take them out - then they were gone.   I didn't have a clue where to look.

This morning when I went into the kitchen to feed the cats, she wasn't there.  I went into the utility room to get the cat food and when I came back she was in the kitchen.  I fed them and then heard a little kitten meow.  Phoebe looked toward the pantry and I saw one coming out from under a shelf.  Had to get on my hands and knees and take everything out from under the shelf to find the other one.   I put her box in the dining room but I cut down one side so they could get out if they wanted to.  She's been in there about three hours with them so maybe she'll leave them there.

Nothing going on here this morning except that.  I took Susie and Bella for a run to the mailbox to mail bills and open the outside gate.  UPS is supposed to deliver my paper towels today.  They started out in Indianapolis and yesterday they were in Hutchins, TX.   It astounds me that they send paper towels from that far away.

I had wanted to go up to the post office to mail a few things but decided I'd wait until Ray was up so he could go with me but it'll have to be pretty early in the day because our PO closes at noon. Also need to get into town in a few days for a few things.  It's supposed to get cooler by Friday or Saturday so maybe then. 

Haven't seen the cows close up today except for Panda, I think, who was in the lot drinking and the heifers and bull in the cowshed.  I did see them across the pond so I imagine they're in the shade at the MH but will be down sometime today. 

I had a call from the Mental Health Clinic this morning to reschedule Ray's appt. with his psychiatrist.  It was on the 16th but I rescheduled it to the 23rd.  That's the day we take Phoebe in for her surgery and Ray sees the Podiatrist at 9:30.  His psychiatric appt. is at 10:30 and the vet's office said Phoebe could probably come home before noon if all goes well (and I'm praying it will).  It'll be a long morning but everything will get done in one trip.  Guess we can drop Phoebe off and go to McDonalds for an egg mcmuffin so won't have to fix breakfast at home, then back to the VA.  I spent so many years there it almost seems like going home when we go except all the people I worked with are retired and things are different.  They've remodeled so much it's hard to remember how things were when I first went to work there - it'll be 53 years ago the 6th of this month.  Where in the world has the time gone.  My friends and I literally grew up there - going through marriages, babies, deaths and everything in between.  

It's already hot and steamy outside but the western part of the state will be hotter than us today.  I'm really looking forward to cooler weather - like Joan and Leanne already have.

Hope your day goes well.

telinde
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:24 PM

Hi everyone:  Sounds like we are all having pleasant weather this week.  Lorita sounds like it is getting warm again in Ok.  It is so pretty here again today.  76 right now with a little wind.  I guess we will all have cooler weather soon enough and then will want it hot again. 

Those Muck boots sound dry and warm.  They would be good for shoveling snow and trucking around in the cold and wet weather, especially for you all on the farms.   Are they expensive?

The cookie recipe also sounds good.  I will print it off and save it for when I am in the baking mood again.  I found a really good recipe for tomato/corn chowder.  I made it last week and it was very good.  I'll try to get it posted to the recipe gang thread so everyone can see it if they like tomato soup.  Funny how the cooler weather has me wanting soup and rolls again.  I better be careful making all this good food or I will be gaining back my lost weight.

We have to pick up the kiddos from school today so I better get busy and get my chores finished up before we need to leave.  I'll check in later to see how everyone is.  Have a great day.  Joan

Lorita
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:29 PM

Good evening,

Joan, I love tomato soup.  So far I haven't found a really good recipe to make it at home.  I like the canned kind but it has so much salt.  I'll look forward to seeing the recipe (may already be posted).

Yes, I think the muck boots are expensive - somewhere just under $100.00 but I guess you could wear them for years.  I tend to always get a little hole in my rubber boots so I usually end up with a wet spot on my socks.   They have them at our vet's clinic and the feed store and probably at Atwoods.  Maybe they'll have a sale.

It was hot and humid here today.  We waited until about 6:30 or so to go out and it was still hot.  I got some really good pictures of Jasper, Gray Lady and Bubba and one of Panda in the pond.  Remember the picture of the cow or bull with his tongue sticking out - well, I wasn't quick enough to get the picture of Jasper looking like that.  He came up to the CW to give me sugar and stuck out his tongue.   Maybe I can figure out how to post them so you all can see what I'm always talking about.

When we went out I couldn't see Bubba anywhere.  Drove up to Gray Lady and kept asking her where her baby was.   In a little bit I saw him across the pond and was scared he was going to swim across but he came around the pond dump and latched on for supper.   I let all of them go to the meadow but kept him in the corral.  I gave him some hay and barn mix and creep and when I left he was eating.

Ray's been pretty good today - I forgot to give him his morning medicine - Prozac and others and even without it, he's done pretty well.   He's back where he was a month ago and I'm thinking about not having someone come in to help him shower and shave.  As long as it's like it is, I'm okay.  I've just kind of started to ignore all the talking which he does when he's not interested in what's on TV or when I'm on the computer or telephone.

Better go - hope you all have a good night.

Mulelady
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Good morning ladies and gents,

It was 36 degrees here this morning.  I got a little worried yesterday, so covered my tomatoes and peppers and a big area of cucumbers.  I see it kind of spot frosted the tops of a couple of big zucchini leaves and there was a little frost on the grass  in the shade of the hay shed.  Now the sun is out bright and shiny and should get up to about 70 degrees.  The forecast looks pretty good for the next week or so.  I really love the fall.  Not so many bugs, and the days are pleasant.  I'd much rather have to put on a sweatshirt than cook wearing a tanktop.

Yesterday was windy and cold, so I picked a couple of buckets of apples and took them to my mother.  Don was feeling like he wanted to do something.  We weren't even out of the yard and he started telling me I wasn't going the right direction and I was lost.  It was like that the full 50 miles to Mom's house.  I had to really talk to get him to go into her house (he and my mom have always been close) then he sat down and said he was tired and not going anywhere. When I told him it would be okay for him to stay there while I went shopping, he said "You can't be dumping me off at this F*****g funny farm."  I thought my mom was going to lose it, she ducked around the corner and laughed for 10 minutes.  She said it had always been a funny farm at her house, just no one had come out and said it before. So, I took him with me to Sam's club and it was probably mean, but I made him go in with me and walk around.  I had to keep waiting for him because he is so slow, but I thought he threw such a fit he should get what he wanted!  By the time we got home, he was done in.  Really too tired, he probably won't have the energy to do anything today. It's 10:15 and he is still sound asleep.

The Muck Boots are around $100, but they outlast the cheap ones, so in the end I think they are a bargain.  Be sure to get the tallest ones they have.  The men's are taller than the woman's so it you can find a pair of men's small enough, I recommend it. I'm short, but I can wear the men's size 7 and they come almost to my knee.  They are a little big, but a felt insole makes them fit and a little warmer too.  I like that I can take the insole out and let it dry in between.  That is the only bad thing about these boots,  if you feet sweat they are so water proof that the don't dry out real quick.   The few times my feet got cold in them, I realized that they were still wet inside and the cold ground almost made ice in the bottoms under my insole. So I check them when I take them off and if they are wet, I take out the insole and stuff them with a little newspaper to dry them.  I wear them from about the end of Oct til the middle of May, and they usually last for 3 years, as long as I don't tear them on barbwire or step on a nail.   Even then, if you buy a tube of shoe- goo you can fix a hole and they are good to go.  I use some adhesive made to waterproof seams, but it is the same thing. Also Fresole works real good. It's way better than those little leaks that make your feet wet and cold.  The best thing about muck boots is the sole doesn't trap a lot of manure and mud, so they aren't losing huge chunks of crap all over.

Well, I've been putting it off, but I'm going out and grease the tractor and change the oil.  I've never done that stuff, because Don always did.  I realized when I was baling that the tractor (really everything around here) hadn't been maintained for a few years.  He was always so fussy about that stuff that I didn't realize he wasn't doing it anymore. So, I'll say a little prayer to the John Deere gods and push forward.  

Milly, I printed out your instructions and will try to post those picture when my brain is fully functional.  Seems like after a day like yesterday, I have a hard time concentrating for a while. Guess my brain just gets tired.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Leanne

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:43 PM

Well, I broke down and looked up Muck Boots...They look just like I thought they would. They have some for @$80.

Lorita...someone recently posted how to attach a photo....it might have even been this thread....please try so we can see our babies....wait....maybe it is better to see them in their ballarina outfits lol

telinde
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:11 PM

Good evening.  We picked up the grandkids after school again today.  My daughter was working at the hospital and their dad was doing a huge electrical job so he didn't get home until around 7:00.  Mad a lasagna and garlic bread and cut up raw veggies for dinner.  Harv loved it.  It seems to help to have him out and about.  He doesn't cry as much.  

Lorita, I feel like you do--when they are not carrying on either crying or fighting, it does seem easier.  I also feel I don't kneed so much help or the need to be away from him when he is easier.  It is hard to decide what to do, isn't it?

I am looking forward to seeing your animal pictures when you get a chance to post them.  I think it is so cute that they come up and visit you when you are out in the meadow with them.  That little Bubba seems to be a little character.  Just like kids, the younger and smaller ones want to keep up with the bigger ones (like swimming across the pond).  That would make me nervous too.

I haven't posted the soup recipe yet, but will try to get it done tomorrow.  I might just put it on here.

Leanne, I have been worried we are going to get a freeze this week too.  We have a front coming down from Canada over the state today and tomorrow.  Our temps have been in the 60's and down in the 40's, but it sure felt cold out tonight when we got home.  I sure hope it doesn't freeze yet.  I only have flowers, but would like to enjoy them for awhile longer.

I  hope all of you have a great rest tonight.  I just read that a tablespoon of raw honey every night before bed will help you sleep better.  I might have to try that the next time I am having trouble (usually when there is a full moon).  Take care.  Joan

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 8:04 AM

OT...Luke had two convulsion [seizures last night. He had one other with us months ago and we were told that his former owners reported a seizure. So that is at least four we know of.
He had one around 9p...waited it out and then headed up for the night. We lacked four steps to the top and he stopped moving.  He weighs 85 lbs and I having just had cataract surgery can not bend or lift at all. 
Well of course Dick did not hear me and i did not have my cell phone with me. My fear was that he would slip/collapse and fall down the stairs. I did let go of his collar and stood behind him. 
I need the advice of all of you animal experts here.
Yes, I am calling the vet right away but last time he said that he thought meds were not always effective. The good news is that may be the ultimate way to keep Dick downstairs. They can both sleep in the guest room. That would be the silver lining.

Lorita
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 10:58 AM

Good morning,

You know, I don't think I posted at all yesterday - put a mark on the wall!  Just didn't have anything of interest going on and I know you all get tired of hearing about what I do and the girls and my complaining about Ray.  Sorry about that.

jfkoc - I'm so sorry to hear about Luke and his seizures.   Years ago we had a poodle who had seizures.  He also was blind - his little eyes didn't develop but he did great - knew his way around the house but didn't go outside much.  I gave him Phenobarbital, I think, every night and it controlled his seizures almost completely.  Occasionally he would have one but all in all it worked.   He lived many years with his blindness and seizures and was such a joy to us.  After he died, for weeks, I always felt like there was always something else I needed to do before I went to bed - give him his medicine.  I still feel that need sometimes.

There may even be something better by now that you might not have to give so often.   Animals are just like people, they have the same problems we do - diabetes, seizures, etc. and in a lot of cases the treatment is the same for them as for people.  

How are you doing post cataract extraction?   Any pain or discomfort and how is your vision?  I know I'll have to have it done in a few years. I have cataracts but they're not mature.   My SIL had one eye done and in two weeks, the other.  I think that's pretty close together but she did just fine.   I  have poor vision and if I have one done, it'll probably throw everything out of kilter so  may have to have them done close together.  I dread that.  We live 25 miles from the doctor who'll do it and I don't know how I'll get home and back the net morning because you're not supposed to drive.  They do have a transportation system here called KATS that could probably pick me up and bring me home and take me back the next day.  My friends live in Muskogee and I don't want them to have to make the trip out here twice.  Maybe my friendship with the neighbor will be cultivated enough by then that she could go with me.  Seems there's always something to worry about.  I'll be like Scarlet - I'll think about that tomorrow.

I hope I can figure out how to post some pictures.  I have some that I think are pretty good.  When I have time, I'll try to figure it out. 

Leanne - are you close to Missoula?   I have a penpal from there.  I got a letter from her today and she said the weather has been good and the farmers have been able to get their hay baled and grain harvested without much trouble this year.  Gosh, it's early for frost - but maybe not there.  We don't usually have frost until the end of October or later.  Our house is on a hill and even when there's frost in the lower parts, we don't get it here until a little later.  I hope this winter isn't as bad as last years. 

It's already hot here this morning.  I had planned on running up to the post office to mail a couple of packages and get gas in the car and some for the CW this morning before Ray got up.  But, I was in the kitchen, and there he was.  So, finally got him in the car and we went and got back.  I thought I'd get a couple of things at the little grocery store but they didn't have much of anything.  They've only been reopened a couple of months so just have a few things.   I have to get into town to the feed store tomorrow to get some feed for Bubba but it's supposed to be cooler so maybe we can go by WM then.  I hope Ray's doing better by then.   He has to be told what to do and how to do it several times before it sinks in.

Last night he talked and cussed all through the 3 hr. tennis match.  I thought he probably wouldn't take his medicine (would only take two inhalers) so only gave him his Trazadone.  He started to swallow it, then took it out and wouldn't take it.  I finally crushed it and put it under some whipped cream on a pudding cup.   I think he ate all of it but he got up early anyway.     Joan - it is a lot easier when they don't cry or whimper  - Ray wasn't so bad yesterday.

Leanne - you really had an eventful day - I bet those 50 miles seemed like 150.   That was cute about the funny farm. What kind of apples do you have?  I'm a little hesitant about Ray going to WM but he's usually done all right.  He walks around here all right but the store's big so I'm going to order all I can to make the visit inside shorter.  I know it does take longer when they go with us but, like you said, they enjoy it and as long as they can do it, we should let them even if it does slow us down.   We'll be slower before long too (speaking for myself).

When I went out to feed the cats Bubba and his mom had just come into the barn for the day.  Panda was in the stall and he went in there to see if his feed was there.  I need to go out and get Panda out of there and give him a little bit.  Other girls are in the barn so I'll need to close the stall gate and keep him in there, if he's still there. 

Thanks for the tip about the insole on the muck boots.  My feet do sweat so I'll need to put an insole inside.  I'll also try to remember about the stuff to seal the little holes.   Last winter I wore Ray's rubber boots - the hole in them is in the top so it wasn't so bad.   I want to get a pair with pretty designs on them but then I'd hate to get them dirty.  Next time I'm at the feed store I'll look at theirs and then at the vets. 

I'm having a time with Abigail and her babies.  She keeps moving them.  Yesterday she put them on the bottom shelf of the table where I have my printer - lots of things were under there, too.  She squeezed them in though.  I finally got them out and put them back in the linen closet and closed the doors.  This morning I heard them meowing and she had them back under the table.  They fall down under it and scream and I have to get them out but I think I have it fixed so they can't.  They're so cute - dark gray with some white on their stomachs.  Yoda's not doing too good - she eats but is thin and she almost gasps for breath.  She's laying on one arm of my recliner and Phoebe's on the other arm. 

Ray just took a coat out of his closet so I'll have to go and put it back in and give him his insulin and medicine.  Talk with you all later.   jfkoc - hope Luke's all right.  Take it easy with your eye. Let us know what the vet says about Luke.

Mulelady
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 11:39 AM

Good morning, It was 33 degrees here this morning. A little spotty frost here and there, but not a garden ending event.  The weather service says it will warm back up now for about a week at least, so I can relax for a few days.  I feel the same way Joan, the flowers are still so pretty and the garden is not done producing yet.  Those fresh ripe tomatoes, still warm from the vine are so...good.

Lorita, We are only about 200 miles or a little more from Missoula. but they are on the west side of the mountains and we are on the east.  Generally, they stay a bit warmer than we do, but they also don't get the chinook winds, so don't get the nice warm-ups in between. I have a lot of relatives, on my dads side, that live near Missoula, mostly in Ronan and St. Ignatius.  I'm really not sure what kind of apples I have.  The tree in the back is a transparent, I think.  Then I have 2 trees that have about small tennis ball size apples and they are a little greener color and just have a small spot of red when they are ripe.  They are very crisp and a little tangy. Make great pies and sauce.

Then I have 3 huge trees that have about large golf-ball size apples. They aren't good until after it frosts.  They are too small to fiddle with for pies, but they make good apple sauce and I have a neighbor who comes and gets them to make wine.

My favorite, is the crab.  It has little oblong shaped apples that get very red and sweet.  I make jelly and apple butter and preserves.  I also like to throw a handful into each pot of apple sauce.  It turns it a rosy red color and adds a little zing of flavor.

My tractor greasing and oil changing didn't happen as I planned.  First, it took me a full 45 minutes to figure out how the grease canister went into the grease gun.  Then I figured out that most of the grease zerks were plugged with old oil and dirt so no grease could get in. I took most of them off and cleaned them out before I could add grease.  Then Don started coming out and wanting to go home.  All day, the poor man was worried  about us going home and taking our horses and dogs, etc. I finally got the tractor greased and unhooked the baler.  Then, I quit for the day, the oil change will have to wait a few days.  Did I mention, that I also well greased myself?  I even had it in my hair, and the dogs were helping me so they both had grease on them.  Even after washing my hair, the grease spot looks a little green against my otherwise snow white hair. Oh well, it will wear out after another wash or two.

Hope everyone has a fine day, I'm going to sneak off and ride Charlie. Don just laid back down and probably won't move for at least an hour and a half.  Just enough time for a short ride.  Leanne

catlady
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 12:11 PM

jfkoc,

One of my cats had 2 epileptic seizures before the vet and I figured out what was going on.  She immediately put him on phenobarbital and he hasn't had a seizure in several years.  You will have to have blood work done to figure out if the dose is correct.  Once that's established, he has blood work every six months to check the levels. 

× Close Menu