Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Call for Nominations – 2018 Alzheimer’s Association National Early-Stage Advisory Group
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 8:26 AM

The Alzheimer’s Association is seeking dynamic individuals living with early stage Alzheimer’s or other dementias to join our 2018 National Early-Stage Advisory Group. This important group of advisors serve a one-year term (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019) and bring a unique perspective of persons living in the early stage of the disease to key efforts of the National Association, including advocacy, programs, and consumer awareness initiatives. Advisors should be willing and able to travel on Association business as needed.  

Please visit www.alz.org/earlystage to find a copy of the nomination form. Nominations and questions can be submitted to earlystageinfo@alz.org

The deadline for consideration is April 13, 2018

chrisag93
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 12:30 AM

I am newly diagnosed with young onset Alzheimer's at 43.  Is this something a family member, friend, or who would you advise recommend me and are there any more details?  Thanks so much. 

Chris

Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 7:42 AM

Hi Chris,

You can nominate yourself. Just click on the link provided. 

Have you been involved at all with events at your local chapter.

I served a year's term and found it a wonderful experience. 

Perhaps the greatest benefit to me was meeting others with the disease and wow, we looked and spoke just like everyone else.

Another benefit was the media exposure we had to spread the word that there is a beginning to this disease.

Good luck!

And if you don't win, just remember of all the applications received they have a maximum of a dozen they select.  So do get involved with your chapter. Do get involved with your community. Can you attend the yearly meeting in DC in the spring?

Do stay involved with our on-line community

MrKjun
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:37 AM

I am 54 and have been recently diagnosed wit Early Onset Alzheimer's.
You say we must be willing and able to travel. Would this be at our expense?

B

ClaudiaTBN
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:51 AM

× Close Menu