Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Steering clear. Of an angry world.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:35 AM

Angry people. So many angry people.  Based on news accounts. The world is full of angry people. But I’m not angry. Maybe it’s because I don’t want to waste my time. Being consumed by anger. I’d rather be passionately in love. With life. Even if I have to use my fertile imagination. In novel ways. Yes, I’m creating. Living life. In dazzling storybook fashion. As a true blue lover. Angry-free. A writer, too. In control. Of what I write. My way. To steer clear. Of an angry world. With the use of kind and loving words. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:02 PM

You have an unusual style. I am interested in how it developed.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:24 AM

Some of you have noticed.  I write. In a style. That feels natural. And comfortable. Not always following  grammatical rules. I thrive. On short sentences. Sometimes. All it takes. Is a single word. To convey meaning. Sort of a blend. Of prose. And poetry.  Too many writers. Are regimented. Oh, there are so many ways to write. A poem, for instance. Maybe that’s what I’m doing. Now. Creating poetry. Or is it prose? In an unusual style. Anyway. Thanks for noticing. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:39 PM

Not. Easily. Read. Would you. Like some.Comm. As
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:33 PM

Imagine. The agony I went through. When reading The Autumn  of the Patriarch. By Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Laborious single sentences. Running for a page or two or three. Maybe four. I lost count. Of course, he’s recognized as brilliant and inventive. A great writer. I try to be simple and ordinary. Recognizing that I’m not so great. But still, I’m imaginative. And daring. To rewrite Marquez. Into short sentences. More my style. Easier for me. To appreciate. To grasp. In meaningful ways that the writer may never have intended.  When that happens, I’ve encountered a truly gifted writer. Because he/she stimulated my mind and emotions. And drew me in. As a participant. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:13 AM

Guess I am just and old fashioned subject-predicate reader. Thanks for throwing in a couple of comas.

I grab a copy of cited work from our library and give it a go.

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:47 AM

Trying something new. And different. Getting out of a rut. That’s what I think about. Occasionally. But then I ponder. That it’s nice to stay in place. To recognize. That I am living in Paradise.  Incredible, isn’t it? Some of us are in Paradise. And don’t even know it. Figuring there’s always something better. Never satisfied. As if happiness isn’t good enough. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:08 AM

I'm learning that Paradise is a big, big place. So very many nooks and crannies. No better place to explore. Than Paradise. Every time I get lost,  I find something even more marvelous. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 10:45 AM

I wonder. Why does Donald Trump seem so bombastically angry? --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:57 PM

Maybe it’s my imagination. That I sense anger and hostility. Sprouting up. All over. Here I am. Trying to live a happy life. But every time that I turn on the TV or read a newspaper. For the purpose of catching up with the news. I hear the diatribes of angry people. Throws me into momentary despair and despondency. Knowing that I’m living in an angry world. A world gone mad. Little wonder. That I retreat to the safety of my cocoon. Where I pursue the good and happy and anger-free life. Albeit, as a recluse. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:37 AM

More and more. I am refusing to be a recluse. I venture out. Into the world.  In places where there is no hostility. Refugees keep looking. Fortunate for me. I am not a refugee. I have found a haven. A retreat. We lucky Americans. Should help others find the way. Rather than banning them. Let's roll out the welcome mat. To the desperate and destitute. Like in the old days. That would make America great again. So much better than building walls. To keep everyone out. That's the way to lose our souls. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:31 AM

If, on my journey, I come to a wall, I get a ladder. And climb over it. That goes for any obstacle. Nobody takes away my freedom and right to move about. And I honor that right for others. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Believe me. Most days I steer clear of the angry world. That's how I survive. How I keep my sanity. Yes, the secret of my unbounded happiness. --Jim

× Close Menu