Brain Awareness Month

Help us enhance the ALZConnected experience by taking our survey.

RSS Feed Print
Grants for Alz Care
llee08032
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 6:11 AM

Hi there,

Need a break? Let me ask you two questions: Is your loved one currently living at home (in either the US or Canada) with Alzheimer's disease or related dementia? And are you facing financial and emotional hardships because of the challenges of caring for someone with those conditions? I'll bet you can say "yes" to both questions! If so, you're eligible to apply for a grant that pays for professional in-home dementia care for up to a year.

Four times a year, the Hilarity for Charity Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Relief grant program, which we first told you about last summer, awards three types of grants:

1. Year Long Grants - 25 hours of in-home dementia care per week for 52 weeks
  2. Mid-Length Grants - 15 hours of in-home dementia care per week for 52 weeks
  3. Short Term Relief Grants - One-time 25-hour grants to be used within calendar year in hourly increments agreed upon by you and your local Home Instead Senior Care office

Listen to Hilarity for Charity grant recipient Sylvia Besson describe the positive impact respite care had on her whole family.

Watch the Video

There are more grants available, so please take advantage of this opportunity!

Start your application now.

Sincerely,
Lakelyn Hogan

island john
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 7:05 PM

Do you know if there are any opportunities for long and short term retreat centers that focus on providing housing and programming to individuals and their caregivers who have early stage memory loss?  I am looking to develop an LGBT friendly location in Central America that is affordable and very safe on a beautiful island in Lake Nicaragua.  I want to be in communication with people who would like to participate in the development of this idea.  The cost of care here in Nicaragua is a fractions of what this costs in the USA and other first world countries.  I look forward to hearing from you to explore this exciting opportunity!  This location is easily accessed from the USA and Canada.  We are a 2 and a half hour flight from Miami/Ft Lauderdale.

Thanks!

Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:24 AM

John, it is important to inform you that solicitation and/or marketing is by policy not permitted on this Message Board and this Post has been reported to Administration as a possible policy issue.

I can see that you have no contact information included in your message at this time, but if a Member responds, you may be providing contact information at that point.  If this is indeed a pending solicitation or marketing, then it will have to addressed by Administration..

MEMBERS:   As always, be extremely cautious regarding any solicitations.

It is also notable that the opening of the Thread itself is of an older date.  The video has timed out, so one can Google "Hilarity for Charity" to see if it is still up and running and providing the same services.

Thank you for your understanding,

J.

× Close Menu