Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Happy New Year
rfrdaughter
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:09 PM

Hello all,

I haven't posted in a while.  I was busy trying to get through the holidays.  In retrospect, I guess my way of coping was to be as crazy busy as possible so as not to think of Christmases past. While that probably wasn't the healthiest way to cope, it worked ok for me for the most part.

Today I went back to the MC facility for the first time since Dad died.  I had things in my car for 6 months that I wanted to donate to them but couldn't get myself to go.  I also decided that I wanted to volunteer there.  Well, it was harder than I thought it would be.  He was only there for 3 months.  I met with the executive director and nursing supervisor.  They were and continue to be wonderful and said that whenever I'm ready they will be happy to have me. I'm hoping that will be sooner rather than later.  I'm guessing that the first trip back will be the hardest.  I really feel called to do something in the Alz. community after being a part of it for so long.  Knowing how horrible it is makes my heart break for those that are going through it and their families.

Peace and I hope 2017 is a year of continued healing for us all.

Meg

bela
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:35 AM

I applaud you for wanting to volunteer at the nursing home. 

I hope the upcoming year brings peace to all of us who have suffered a significant loss.

× Close Menu