Brain Awareness Month

Help us enhance the ALZConnected experience by taking our survey.

RSS Feed Print
Calling out to ShirleyWhirley
MPSunshine
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 8:18 AM

Hi, there ShirleyWhirley! I noticed that the other day you posted here about your mom who died years ago at age 100 plus, and you called out on this board. 

This board is not very lively right now.

Most have moved on and are living their lives.

I only check because of my mom, who I am caring partner with now, then I occasionally check on this board for my friends who helped me through when my dad died.

However, if you would like to talk/share I have reached out to ask for a connection.

Best of luck to you.

You are not alone.

shirleywhirley
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 9:15 AM

You have touched me and you have lifted me up. Not feeling too confident til I read your post. Hope to chat with you a lot.

Also thank you for the good information you gave me regarding the facility that I work at.  I copied your post and printed it because it was so helpful with a lot of good information.  Kind post.

MPSunshine
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi, ShirleyWhirley, I know what you mean. Some times I have posted something and then the discussion goes "off track" for one reason or another. I don't mind, but it can be a bit irritating.

In any case, I have tried to message you but the alz network has not caught up to its own acknowledgement of our request.

Six months of my dad dying is coming up very soon, but I have to get through my mom's birthday first. Long lost -- busy -- siblings are coming to visit. Yay!

Gotta run!

MPSunshine

Veterans kid
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:59 PM

I didn't find your post that MP was talking about, but I wanted to let you know you are not alone. 

It's lonely...but there are wonderful people here who care about YOU.

Thinking of you this evening...

And sending you virtual hugs

Always be VK 

shirleywhirley
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:24 PM

You are the best. I really appreciate your friendship.  I've met some really nice folks like you who have brought me comfort. Yes I sure miss my mom. She passed away in 2013 at the age of 100. I noticed her memory problems when she was about 98. She probably had the problems before I noticed them but we were good buddies to the end.

My dad was a Vet. Thanks for all the vets service

× Close Menu