Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
New Members, please join us on the Younger Onset board
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 1:27 PM

We have two boards for patients.  Most of us post on the Younger Onset board, regardless of our ages.  It is unfortunate that many members are Younger Onset.

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 8:13 PM

Well, as many of you know, I'm well past the Early Onset age. Those diagnosed at a younger than normal age make up on a small proportion of those living with the disease.  And those folks have usually had a harder than normal in getting diagnosed. Doctors are too much in denial that such a thing is possible and so time is lost.

However the Younger Onset folks more than make up in (can't think of the word I'm looking for) in proactivity for their lack of numbers.

And currently this board is not used much but it is still checked. So, post wherever you wish.

EJColliton
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:57 PM

MY doctors are thinking early onsite dementia.  I'm only 57.  Really scared. Had the MRI now ready for test

julielarson
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:59 PM

E Colliton , welcome here to the boards. I am sorry you find yourself in this boat with holes in it like the rest of us.. I have MCI so far as a diagnosis but I have some symptoms that could be seen as BVFTD but as of yet no one is listening to me about that.. Is  the test you are going to have the Neuropsychological test?  It is the best test to have to pinpoint the kind of dementia you have or if it could be that your memory issues could be something else like depression. There will be others along here soon that will welcome you and be of service in helping you to know that you are not alone on this road.
Mimi S.
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:10 PM

Wecome to our world.

We're so glad you found us.

From your library, do ask for a copy of Doraiswamy and Gwyther of Duke University: The Alzheimer's Action Plan.  You will learn about all the facets of a good diagnosis.  All are important.

EJ. Do get in touch with your local Alz. office.  Most have a peer to peer program where you a paired with a person with dementia. Having someone you can talk with any time can be so helpful.

BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:23 AM

EJ, Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Can you tell us more about your situation and symptoms?  You have come to a good place for support and information..  Please come back and join us on the EO board.   Looking forward to getting to know you better.  Hang in there.  It's sometimes a long and rough ride to getting a diagnosis.

× Close Menu