Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Patience. Along the way.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Always. Good times have followed bad times. Makes me wonder. If that will be the pattern. Forever.  Wonder, too, if that’s been the pattern for the rest of you. Does life always get better?  Sooner or later. Tell me. Tell me, please. About your experience. Has it been the same as mine? I have yet to experience life getting worse and worse and worse. Without stop. Without let up.  The worst of times always pass. That gives me comfort. Patience. Patience. Yes, I have learned patience. Along the way. --Jim

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 1:55 PM

I find that in the worst times I am comforted the most. I think I am more aware of the kindness of others those times. At the Crisis Center where I am going to visit my son, it is where 3 years ago I first was told LO had  EOAD and he was in the late stage Alzheimer's!  Prior to that, no one could figure things out. A blessing of sorts. It gives me a glimmer of hope for son. In the midst of his trauma, we held hands and feel that connection that you felt with your son during your last visit. Tender times are not ever forgotten.

It is when I can sit and encourage another, by being, laughing, crying, sitting silent. Whatever is needed. That I feel the most important. At that time, only I can do that.....no, it is  not singing  the song, writing  the book or be the prettiest.. just being present.  My favorite thing. I am reminded, as I wrote that,  now, that that is what I am to my LO now.

Blessings, sharon

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 4:20 AM

You know how to relate, Sharon. In profound and meaningful ways. Sometimes, you are at your best. When you remain quiet. And just let your presence take over. In your role as a good listener.  Your presence is good enough. I marvel. At how you've made your presence felt. With good vibes. Right here in musings. By essentially being yourself. You dare to flow. Naturally. That also goes especially for Chris and Blue Skies.  But there are others, too. That have brought a nice and healthy balance to musings. Thank you, everyone. For making musings a wonderful place to be. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:29 PM

Well thank you Jim for the compliment. 

Was a pleasant surprise to see while grazing among the posts.

chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:31 PM

There must be another Chris in here. No way am I in the same league as Jim, or BlueSkies, or Sharon. But if there isn't another Chris, then I am deeply honored. Thank you , Jim.

Meantime, I'll keep my eyes open for that other guy.

Chris

× Close Menu