Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Let me be around. To find out .
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 5:41 AM

We’ve come a long way, my fellow humanoids. In 300,00 years. That’s the age of the oldest fossils of homo sapiens found in Morocco. Read  it in a story in the New York Times.  Complete with a front page photo of a 300,000-year-old human jawbone. Wow! I’m fascinated. Just thinking about  all this. Wondering. Curiously. What it must have been like. Roaming our planet. When there was no clue. Of what we were to become.  Apparently,  evolution has brought us this far. But we still have a long way to go. Before becoming truly intelligent beings. Wondering. Wondering If it will happen in another 300,000 years. Please. Please. Allow me to be an everlasting spirit. So that I'm still around. To find out. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 9:00 AM

I’d love to flit back and forth. To a million years in the future. And to a million years in the past. To satisfy my curiosity. Maybe the original creator. Could do all that. Someone who can do any and everything. If he’s still around. I want to submit my request.  To be granted the ability. For only a few days. To experience what conditions were like. On planet Earth one million years ago. And what it’s going to be like one million years from now. I suspect that the future will be far more scary than the past. Makes me wonder. If I’ll still want to live forever. Could it be that nothingness will be better than life? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:43 AM

I wonder. If the creator has undergone a significant personality change in the past million years. That’s an awfully long time to remain static.  Without an attitudinal upgrade. If I lived for a million years. I’d have learned a lot. From my many, many mistakes.  I’d be a better and more understanding guy. Maybe even a god. I suppose it took time to qualify as a really competent god. Yes. Yes. Give me a million years. And I would learn to be, if not god, his trusted and competent assistant. I’m  sure of it.  God can rest assured. I have no plan for a heavenly palace coup.  But I am amused. Merely thinking about it. I place no limits on my fantasies. --Jim

× Close Menu