Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
I have been diagnosed with NPH.
topless41
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 7:27 AM

Three weeks ago I was diagnosed with NPH.  I have not told anyone yet.  I need to talk to someone. I have an appt. in Aug. with a Neurologist.  Should I wait till I see him and have testing before I tell my husband and family?  My husband has dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
julielarson
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 8:27 AM

Topless, Welcome to the boards, I am sorry you find yourself here but there is a lot of support here.. I have a few questions for you before  I can tell you to share what you know with your family..  What is NPH? Who diagnosed you? How did they come to this conclusion?
Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 9:02 AM

Hi Topless,

Welcome to our world. We're so glad you found us.

I assume you are writing about

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 9:48 AM

Welcome, topless.  One of our members, Agent99, has quite a lot of experience with NPH, as the wife of a person with this diagnosis.  Usually this is a diagnosis made by a neurologist.  I am puzzled that you have yet to consult a neurologist.  NPH is a dementia that may be successfully reversed by neurosurgery.  It would be a help to you to have a supportive person with you at your neurologist consultation.  How are you handling things at home now?  Do you need help?

Iris L.

× Close Menu