Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Chicago suburbs Assisted living ideas
allalone2day
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:29 PM

Anyone have anything to offer on advice on assisted living in chicago suburbs? I have moved my dad to 3 diiferent ones already, still looking for a real place that cares and isnt selling the same story line.
ghostdog
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:24 AM

Don't know how far out you want to go or what your budget is or what access to other medical services might be needed:

I was told by someone involved in guardianship legal practice (but did not personally investigate due to other decisions) that there are more choices in Southern Wisconsin.

I don't know your budget, but if McHenry County is an option, you might consider looking in at the Fountains in Crystal Lake.  I haven't personally visited it, but have been impressed with another community in another state affiliated with that brand and their MC philosophy.  There may be waiting lists.

If you want to go even further out there are many assisted living choices in Rockford IL, they weren't the right fit for my mom and the MC choices weren't what we needed, but I met many caring people and a wide variety of facilities some associated with national brands.

× Close Menu