Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Bible Verse To Lift You Up 9/14/2017
chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:34 AM

Romans 14 : 19 ( NIV )

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

With every day that passes, I learn a little bit more about being a caregiver, a little bit more about this ugly thing called dementia, and a little bit more about how easily my buttons get pushed. I've been a relatively easy going person for most of my life, but I still can't seem to get a handle on how to react when Barbara pulls a rabbet out of her hat. The thing is, I know, from reading here, that the same rabbit is popping up all over, and most people are not fully ready for it when it shows up.

But so many of you have learned to avoid the anger and frustration, and instead, you see that rabbit and clap your hands for joy. Oh, I have so much to learn !

I want my story to be like Mr. Toad's story, " She Has A Note, " in Musings. I want my story to be like the one that Dutiful Deb posted in response to my 9/12/17 Bible Verse thought. I want my story to be like Sharon Daugherty's , which, in spite of so many potholes in her dementia road, always came through with a positive note that matched the smile on her profile picture.

I want to make a better effort to do what leads to peace.

I hope that we all want that. I certainly want it for you .

Blessings,

Chris

× Close Menu