Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
The precarious state of the French fry.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 10:22 PM

The French. They take their French fries. Seriously. Even in their finest restaurants. They often come with the main course. Here in America, I always thought of French fries as gauche. In bad taste. The inelegant way to prepare a potato. The suave and sophisticated and health-conscious would rather have an Idaho baked potato. In France, however, one automatically becomes a patriot. By ordering French fries. Once I naively thought that French fries were an American invention. Dubbed French, as a favor to France. For giving us the Statue of Liberty. But times have changed. France has fallen out of political favor. With the likes of Donald Trump. He’s for replacing the traditional French fry with something called the Freedom fry. But let’s face it. The French fry is here to stay.  No matter what Trump or anyone calls it. --Jim
Andrew60
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:28 AM

Welcome back Jim. I read your first few posts, and you seemed very relaxed from your vacation. Now, you seem to be stressed again, as you somehow managed to get a dig in on our President, in a post about french fries. Jim, Jim, Jim, you will be fine. The country is doing great. Relax.Enjoy. life. You can do it. I survived President Obama, and that was hard, but I never let him get me depressed or angry. As President Obama stated repeatedly “elections have consequences”.

Stay calm my friend.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 11:25 AM

pommes frites...different potato, fried twice...a wonderful food indeed!

× Close Menu