Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.
RSS Feed Print
Sister with EOD
leilani
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 8:30 PM

Some things my sister has started to do...lip smacking and licking lips and constantly swallowing. Anyone going through this??

Also, picking at face. She will look in the mirror and pick imaginary stuff off her face. She is also picking apart her depends while sitting on the toilet.

What's going on?  Advice?

Thanks

TessC
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear another dear woman has an EOD diagnosis. What you are describing are very common behaviors. Sometime meds can help-usually an anti-anxiety or OCD med. I put knit gloves on my mother's hands to keep her from picking at her face.  I also lotioned up up real good to combat dry, itchy skin.

Make sure your sister's teeth or gums are not sore or an issue. Our LOs often cannot tell us about pain they are having,  so nay new behaviors should be addressed initially as a sign something may be wrong.Good luck!

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2019 11:20 PM

The lip smacking could be a side effect of some medications.  Does she stick out her tongue?  Google "extra-pyramidal" side effects and her medications.  Follow up with the prescribing phtsician.

Iris L.

leilani
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:32 AM

Thank you.

I am making an appt. for dentist today....

leilani
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:34 AM

Thank you.

My Sissy isn't on any medications at this time. She may need something for this OCD situation. 

× Close Menu