Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.

Site Maintenance Completed.  Click here for details.

RSS Feed Print
Exercise Memory with MUSIC
KenKeene
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:27 PM

Routinely rehearsing music that's still somewhat fresh in my Father's memory is not only good mental exercise for him but helps preserve who I am in his mind as well.....WATCH NOW!! - https://youtu.be/aSGAzNVqGzE
File Attachment(s):
YouTubeCoverPic-min_SMALL(3).png (6774 bytes)

VRAAB
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Very cute video. You are a great son. When I take my DH on outside walks, which we try to do routinely, weather permitting, I use my Apple airpods, putting one in my ear and the other in his ear, that way we can still talk and I also know what is playing.  I will play my running playlists and my DH will respond to the upbeat songs, picking up his pace, running backwards, smiling, playing pretend drums.  He is also more talkative when the music is on, pointing out the clouds (he is infatuated with the clouds now), the birds, dogs, etc... will say hi to whoever we pass by also.  It is a good time.
KenKeene
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:24 PM

VRAAB wrote:
Very cute video. You are a great son. When I take my DH on outside walks, which we try to do routinely, weather permitting, I use my Apple airpods, putting one in my ear and the other in his ear, that way we can still talk and I also know what is playing.  I will play my running playlists and my DH will respond to the upbeat songs, picking up his pace, running backwards, smiling, playing pretend drums.  He is also more talkative when the music is on, pointing out the clouds (he is infatuated with the clouds now), the birds, dogs, etc... will say hi to whoever we pass by also.  It is a good time.
I like the idea of sharing ear buds so we can listen to music and walk. I take him on walks and I think this will be useful and enjoyable for the both of us. Thank You.

× Close Menu