Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.
RSS Feed Print
Activites for Stage 6(1)
KLJohnson
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:27 AM

I learned from this site that a great activity for my Mom (probably stage 6) is a mechanical animal...it sounds silly but it is great!  Mom knows its not real BUT...we  pet it and talk to it all the time!  She says she is taking care of the kitty!!  I purchased it on Amazon...Joy For All companion pets  is the brand and I bought the cat.  Best $100 ever spent...HIGHLY recommend for your LO!!   It purrs and interacts and gives Mom something to do!!
chinacat
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:21 AM

OMG!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!! I just purchased the dog version for my dad!!! He is in late stage 5/early 6 and we just moved him to MC last week. I'm worried sick that he is scared and lonely, even though he seems to be doing well, considering. My parents had golden retrievers in the past and when their last one crossed over the Rainbow Bridge a few years back, my dad took it pretty hard. I think he will find this dog comforting and entertaining, and knowing that will help put me at ease a bit. I'll report back my dad's reaction after I give it to him. ☺
Marie58
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:50 PM

I just checked out the website. I would love to hear from others if you have experience with these, good or bad. I might have to get the pup for my DH. I've thought of a real dog, but I can't deal with someone else to take care of!
KLJohnson
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:56 AM

I hope the mechanical animal is helping with your situation...just visited mom this weekend and still..we play with the kitty.  Good investment and got to see some smiles!
Vik
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:49 PM

The JOY for ALL cats and dogs are excellent for dementia people especially those in care facilities. The dogs and cats ate very realistic AND no upkeep like a real amimal. Care workers say tbe "pets" are very calming and helps the person feel like they are loving something and they feel like they are loved bak!  Care staff also say it's a great thing when children come to visit as they hav somethimg to talk about!  Yes, $100 is so worth it for people with dememtia!

× Close Menu