Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.
RSS Feed Print
LO Still Hanging Around...
Rockym
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:07 PM

I figured I would start a new thread to go with my "Is Your LO Hanging Around Often?  This other thread got sort of long, but here we are at 10 months and mom is still throwing me curve balls.  So here goes... Years back, I recorded about 15 voice mails from mom.  I had been hoping to logically have her listen and understand what she was doing.  Fortunately, the messages were pleasant, but of course back then they were exhausting as most of us know.

Mom's voice mails were to the tune of, "Here I am at the hotel are you coming by?  I pulled in after driving over last night (she hadn't drove in years), I was tired and I am saying at XYZ (her community).  Call me soon, perhaps I should call dad (dead for 10 years) and see what he is up to.  I believe the phone number is 555-1234 (not the number for privacy reasons)." And then she would recall the area code.

So, after the fact, this is sort of humorous to me since she can recall phone numbers, etc but not that he passed OR that she is in an MC and it is not a hotel.  I guess the call was better then anger and get me out, etc.  Anyway, I was listening to this the other day with a smile and a tear.  I am still working on her grave tablet and that itself has been emotional.

So, the other day I was working (I volunteer at a library) and as I was inputting information on older books, I looked twice at what I input.  The book was published where my mom grew up AND the ISBN was her phone number.  WTF??  I kid you not, the same number she rattled off in her voice mail I had listened to the day before.  If that does not mean mom is still hanging out, I don't know what does.  What are the odds of a 7 digit number to be hers and me seeing it that day?

Anyway, thought I would share because sometimes this stuff is just unbelievable.

Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:56 PM

Rocky, that's so great. I love hearing about these signs.  I too think they're really remarkable.  I had a recent experience I wanted to share as well. It was snowing like hell here in Boston and I was out driving in it. I was kind of scared because it was coming down so hard and I could barely see.  I spoke out loud to my mother asking her if she could keep me safe in my travels. Right after I asked her my mothers favorite song came on the radio.  It's not a very common song so I definitely know she was there with me. Thanks for getting me home mom. I love and miss you all these 9 months later.  

xoxoxo -Kat

AmyJo5
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:11 PM

I love both stories. They give me hope and happiness for the both of you. Thank you for sharing.
Rockym
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Kat, it is interesting how the songs come on at the right time.  It can be very comforting to hear a tune or get a sign from our LO.  I'm not sure what to think of an afterlife since I am not religious, but I'd like to think my mom, dad and brother are somehow together or at least hanging out every so often.  When my brother passed, my parents barely kept it together, but they did.  They had each other and somehow made it though.  When dad died, mom also hung in there, created a quieter life for herself, visited us (next state over) often, but then dementia began to take hold.

It was a bumpy 3 years she was here, but big life lessons for me and both my kids.  Funny thing is that she seems to be still teaching us by popping in every so often.

Skittles412
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:53 PM

Rocky it's all we got to hold on to now so bring on the signs!!!  Wishing you peace....    

xoxoxo -Kat

× Close Menu