Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Sunday, July 21st from 8:00 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
A first of many more to come
Mae88
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 1:12 PM

DH was able to write his moms address on the envelope.  Copied it from the address book.  Penmenship shakey.  He then looks at me and asks, "I dont know what to write here, where do I live?" (Pointing to the top left corner). Hey, at least he knew something went there I guess.  
I had to spell out our entire address one by one.  It was not familiar with him at all.

Lord help me if he wanders. (Hasnt yet). He refuses to wear anything.  What do I do?  He is 57.  This is year 7.

I ran to the grocery store to pick up lunch.  Our pharmacist was there.  Sweet as usual she asked how I was.  I just bawled.  Needless to say it caught her off guard.  I just told her LO was worsening.  She hugged me.  

Im so broken.  Why is it these things that catch ya off guard hurt so much.  

Lorita
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 1:37 PM

So sorry, Mae, sometimes it's a kind word that sets us off.  Be happy that your husband can still copy something and write.  I remember when Charles forgot how to spell his name - he'd get the C, then look at me for the rest of it.  Hurts like the dickens.  With me, it was the kind word or question from someone that would make me cry. 
yogi60
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 3:23 PM

I, too, am so sorry for your hurting. I understand. Completely. Every time there is something that indicates a worsening for my husband, it takes my breath away.

At a recent Dr. appointment for me, I just broke down bawling about my husband. Then I felt so bad because my oncologist, as sweet as she was, told me I needed to make time for me. In theory, yes. In practice, I wish. I do when I can. I never have enough time for me without having to rush home. The worry is nonstop.

Lills
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 3:36 PM

I'm so sorry for you, me and all who are experiencing this pain.  We can all identify.
I call these 'gusts of grief'.  You never know when or where they will blow!    

× Close Menu