RSS Feed Print
educating myself
Lindy60
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 2:30 PM

Hi, My spouse recieved an official diagnosis of Vascular Dementia about 2 years ago. This summer we put all of our medical affairs in order. We are working on the financial stuff now and the Standard Will.  She is still doing ok and is mostly independent. The biggest issues are around her financial decisions. At times I find myself overwhelmed and want to run-away.  One of the ways I cope is i try to educate myself about the disease and strategies on facing the difficult days that are ahead. I am attending a support group and have tried to develop a support network.  Her siblings don't really understand the challenges we face on a daily basis. I have noticed that she misinterprets a lot of what others say to her. I sometimes just cry and pray that she will forget what was said. that may be in a magical thinking moment.  I just need a safe place to talk and get ideas...
TamaraR
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 5:55 PM

Dear Lindy:
Just wanted to say hi and that you are not alone in this. It is so great that you have worked so hard on getting all of the financial and legal stuff taken care of. And yay you for attending a support group and getting a support network in place. That is very important. I am sure that many people tell you this at group and amongst your friends, but please remember that you have "permission" to take care of your self. 

With internet stranger love,

Tamara

× Close Menu