RSS Feed Print
Caregiving my partner/now his kids have Conservatorship!
Reddmare
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 11:25 PM

I seek support.  Anyone here have experience with legalities if your partner is forced separated from you because his children become his conservators?  My partner of 26 years has early signs of dementia.  I was his sole caregiver for 6 months then desperately needed help with his care.  I sought the help of his kids because I knew he needed more care so an agency was hired.  Then i was kicked out, accused of too much to express easily here.  ... At present I can visit him once a week supervised.  It's insane and I'm heartbroken as I have no rights and I feel I am losing my beloved.   Do I continue these supervised visits which only feel punitive, to him and me.  He has clarity enough to know he does not like that we are separated, he is very angry with his kids and he wants me back.  I wonder if we'll ever get quality time together again.  Would you continue the supervised visits even they feel punitive and just wrong?  Or would you ...move on?   My heartstrings keep me coming back to him (and to see our dog) and yet his kids act suspicious, hostile and critical of my every movement.  I'm losing hope.

thanks for this forum.  Blessings to all.  -Reddmare.

Jo C.
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 10:15 AM

Hello Reddmare, this is a very difficult situation and I am sorry for what has happened.  I have no experience in such dynamics, but others may come along who have.

NOTE:  I strongly suggest Posting this Topic on the Spousal/Partner Forum; that is a Forum where many more Members Post and you will get much more feedback and there are Members who are also Partners with their significant other there too. Most of the people here are discussing death and dying, so the feedback may not be as much.

J.

caregiving daughter
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:20 AM

Could you obtain the services of a mediator such that a professional could allow both parties to discuss the situation. Obviously this was an abrupt change for someone you love as well as you had to leave your family pet. The children could have concerns as well. They may be trying to do what they feel is best. A professional could perhaps get the issues on the table.
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:58 PM

Any chance that you were a common law partner?

× Close Menu