Donate
RSS Feed Print
Are you afraid?
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:16 AM

I hate to talk politics but for the first time in my life I am afraid to speak about it ore even say who I want to vote for. I once place a bumper sticker on my car but would not dare to do that today for fear. I feel like this country is so divide and I just cannot understand why people cannot see the truth of what is happening to this great county that I love. We are more divide then ever and it makes no sense to me. I have not hatred towards anyone but so many are just looking for an excuse to get into arguments over stupid issues. We all have a right to our opinions but we all should not let our opinions dictated the country.  I really hope this change soon as it is adding more stress then the dementia does.  

J.Roberts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:59 AM

I agree. I think the world's gone mad and it's disheartening to see supporters of what are essentially the two major political parties of the US hate each other as if they were extremist groupuscules with terrorist agendas. It's senseless - and it's leaving the door open for the real extremists to make their way in. The media makes it worse by feeding off people's outrage and fears.

Here's my advice: unplug. Don't watch the news so much. Limit your exposure to politically charges websites like reddit as much as possible. This stuff, if left unchecked, will consume you for no good reason as we as individuals are just one amongst a sea of voters. 

There's 'bigger fish to fry' than the latest political scandal, be it on the right or left of the spectrum. I stopped getting involved in online arguments and my life is a lot better because of it. 

× Close Menu