Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
My dear, sweet mother is home
King Boo
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:35 PM

I hope you were able to rest and get lots of sleep these past 2 months.  I am late to hear the news of your dear mothers' passing.   There is some comfort to be had when we accompany them on their way out of this world, I hope this final time you had together in her final hours brings you peace.
Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:23 AM

@RockyM I'm not sure why I never saw your post from November.  I have not yet seen any signs from my mom and she's been gone for 19 months.  I don't feel her around. I think she knows I'm still having a hard time with her loss and is waiting till I'm in a better place??  I am ready now, I hope she comes around.
TessC
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 2:42 PM

It's been almost 3 months since mom died and I am feeling less inclined to come onto the caregivers' forum and offer help. I don't know if it is because I always use my own experiences to advise and support others and therefore have to think of my mom as an ill person, or if I am sad to see people talk about how their LOs are "gone", or how they can't stand the changes. etc. I want to scream at them and say-just wait till they are gone and you'll see what a precious person you have lost. I want to tell them to treat their LOs with tenderness and love while they can. I guess I am burned out.

Hardly an hour goes by without me thinking of mom.We are working to repaint and put in new tile and carpets in mom's rooms We added the rooms for her when she first moved in with us almost 15 years ago, so the rooms need updating. We have other big plans too. More traveling and more fun, lol!

So with this parting message, I say farewell to you who have lost a LO. May your lives be full of happiness and health.

Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:25 PM

Thank you dear Tess; I wrote my parting words to you on the Caregiver's Forum.  I  wonder if you have one more Post in these busy days.   You mention building rooms onto the house for your mother; can you share what you had built, what the rooms had in them and if you would do anything different in the planning of those rooms.

Some of us who have increasing needs would really appreciate that.

As said, my parting post is written to you is on the Caregiver's Forum.  Oh, how you will be missed!

Best always,

J.

MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:01 PM

Dear Tess, I miss you too.

Kindly, MPSunshine

Rockym
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 9:47 AM

Tess,

I understand that feeling of going to the caregiver's group and not feeling the same.  I hope you are doing better and I hope the changes you are planning are fun and enjoyable.  You deserve that.  I know you gave your good-byes, but just in case you check in here once in a while, we are thinking of you.

Rocky

× Close Menu