Site Maintenance Completed.  Click here for details.

RSS Feed Print
Does Medicare/Medicare Advantage pay for adult day care
pa123
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:08 AM

I have been reading that Medicare 2020 or Medicare advantage plans for 2020 might start paying for adult day care.    Has anyone seen a plan that offers that?   Its annual enrollment time and I am trying to find a plan that pays for that to help reduce costs.
feudman
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:02 PM

I've not found one, but I hope someone will post if they are aware of one.  If you can qualify her for " community waiver" Medicaid, they will cover a certain amount of hours per week, based on her finances.

You can also check with your local Alz Assn. & Agency on Aging to see if any grant programs are available. These typically pay a lump sum (often $500.) towards daycare or respite. The application to apply for these (and Waiver Medicaid) aren't as stringent as for LTC Medicaid.

Good luck.

Suziesb
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:00 PM

In my city that's a no. However, if your LO is a veteran, they usually will pay so check that out!
JJ401
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:10 AM

There is a Medicare program called Pace that covers adult day primary care. It is designed to keep people out of nursing homes.  If you Google 'Medicare Pace programs' you will find information about them. Not all areas have Pace programs, and they may or not be suitable for your needs, but they are a place to look. 

× Close Menu