RSS Feed Print
Looking for memory care in Newton or Boston, MA
Deborah L.
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:48 AM

Hi,

I am looking for 1st-hand recommendations for a MC facility in the Boston area for my parents. I don't live near my parents, so it's tough to find information from people in the community there. If you don't know of a place in that geographic area, might you know anyone who is happy with a MC residence in the Boston area who might allow me to contact them?

Thank you so much!

i2i
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:13 PM

I don't know first hand about their Newton facilities, but Benchmark Senior Living is excellent.  With a price tag to match.

But if your parents are going to relocate, I would give serious consideration to moving them near you.

DNL
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Thank you. Yes, I wish I could move them near me. But they are near my sibling, which is good too  

Thank you for the tip! I'm curious why you think Benchmarks are good.  Have you had experience with one near you? If so, I'd love to learn a little more about wha you have seen there.

i2i
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 11:57 AM

Keep in mind every place has its own layout, feel to it, and culture.  What I found:  excellent  and respectful nursing care, both nurses and aides, all staff down to kitchen and groundskeeper were dementia-savvy, physical environment is wander-friendly (true of some Benchmark more than others), care was individualized to my LO's particular needs and temperament, well-trained (though not all Benchmark have incorporated Teepa yet), good communication, staff very responsive to informing me of changes and incidents, food nutritious and usually delicious.

If you'd like to know specifics and some things that did not make it off my wish list, feel free to p.m. me.

× Close Menu