Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Wednesday, January 22nd from 8:30 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Perks of Taking Part in a DIAN Trial. Train tickets, Accommodation and a meal stipend
HowDoYouDeal
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:51 PM

When I was joining the DIAN Trial, once they knew I was serious about it, they explained that they:

1. Cover the costs of  Train tickets to get me (and my study partner) to either Toronto or Montreal, my choice.

2. Reimburse Reasonable hotel accommodation costs. (No, Not the Presidential suite at the Ritz)

3. Provide a daily stipend to help cover meal costs

4. Have a trial accommodation coordinator available by phone to help and answer questions.

This information is not included in the Clinical Trial posts, its only after you show real interest that they will share this with you.

They don't expect you to pay your own way when you are helping them out.

DIAN isn't just a single trial, it is a Network whose purpose is to improve the research into treatment for people with the genetic version of Alzheimer's that destroys lives starting in  a person's late 40's or early 50's.

Since recruiting for each individual trial is so time consuming, they're creating a pool of  potential participants who might want to take part in a trial, on a broader ongoing scale.

If you're on the list, they will ask you if you want to be part of whatever the latest trial is, and they work with Pharmaceutical companies to choose which drug to trial.

They aren;t limited to just drugs by one supplier, it can be a trial that offers a combination of the most promising drugs, across the pharmaceutical company spectrum. They can compare one drug against another. 

The whole process really knock months off the normal trial recruiting process, to get to treatments and a cure faster

DIAN works to get those with Early Onset into trials, typical AD trials won't let you in if you are under 50.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5218895/

2. The DIAN-TU Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention Trial Platform

The DIAN-TU platform (NCT01760005; See Figure 1) was launched to accelerate identification of effective drugs for prevention and treatment of ADAD (, ).

In 2012, a phase 2/3 double-blind, randomized, pooled-placebo controlled two-year biomarker trial began by testing two drugs – solanezumab (an anti-soluble Aβ antibody) and gantenerumab (an anti-fibrillar Aβ antibody).

The study transitioned within the DIAN-TU platform to the Adaptive Prevention Trial in 2014 as a four-year Phase 3 cognitive endpoint trial to determine whether Aβ antibody administration demonstrating central nervous system (CNS) biomarker target engagement is able to prevent cognitive decline in cognitively normal individuals.

The DIAN-TU trial is now operational in 7 countries (Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, UK and US), 26 sites, and 4 languages (English, French, Italian and Spanish) (See Figure 2). Full enrollment of the first two drug arms has been achieved with a high assessment completion rate and low attrition. The DIAN-TU trial is one of five ongoing trials aiming to prevent or delay the onset and progression of AD ().

Misssy2
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:56 PM

The link did not work for me....or at least it didn't bring me to the exact spot to sign up to be in trials...do you have another link to share?

× Close Menu