Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
ATTN: Crisp1653
Army_Vet60
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:16 PM

Hi,

I responded to your post on my thread, but decided to create a separate post to you to address  one item.

Mr. Butterbear!  

What you wrote about that bear is normal and a healthy part of grieving and honoring Barbara.

Shortly after Sandy left, I found her childhood bear in one of her closets. The way it looked at me, I knew it was telling me I needed it to stay.

It's been on Sandy's side of bed since Aug 2019 and I really enjoy talking to Sandy through Little Bear.

I'm attaching photo of Little Bear for you.

File Attachment(s):
bear(2).jpg (27452 bytes)

chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 4:10 PM

Army_Vet, he looks kind of like a " made in England" kind of bear.  I'll see if Butterbear and the rest of the kids would like to pose for a pic for you - and for Little Bear too, of course !

From left to right are Ike, Pinkie, and Butterbear.  Chrispian and Puddin' are sitting in Pinkie's lap. There used to be a whole slew of others, but they all decided to go and make some other people happy.  By the way, Barbara also had a Littlebear.

Amendment : I just realized that there was no pic attached.  Seems I had to shrink it, and shrink it again, and again, and again, and again !

File Attachment(s):
Kids - resized 4th time.jpg (172080 bytes)

Army_Vet60
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 4:51 PM

chrisp1653 wrote:

Army_Vet, he looks kind of like a " made in England" kind of bear.  I'll see if Butterbear and the rest of the kids would like to pose for a pic for you - and for Little Bear too, of course !

That's interesting!
Sandy and I are both half English whose grandparents immigrated to the U.S.

I can't wait to see Mr Butterbear and company!

I'm getting ready to post another celebration of Sandy. I've been waking up every night with thoughts to put into words lately. 

chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 5:10 PM

Pic posted above. At first, I forgot to add the file, and then it kept on being too big.

Apologies.

Army_Vet60
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:13 AM

chrisp1653 wrote:

Pic posted above. At first, I forgot to add the file, and then it kept on being too big.

Apologies.

I hope you don't mind, but I saved your photo of Mr. Butterbear to my computer.
I've found it to be personally uplifting for me when I come to this forum.

× Close Menu