Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Does She Ask For Me?
abc123
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2020 12:00 AM

This time of year always makes me long for my Mother. (She is still alive) I want to be with her, near her. I want to experience the joy she created this time of year. I want to see her experience the holidays like she used to. I asked my Dad the other day if she ask for me. He said she does. He said it to make me feel good. I hung up and cried.

Happy Thanksgiving Momma.

ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Cheeses....been a while n' almost forgot my password to get in here!! 

Hi there! 

I think I've gotten so used to this gloom...glum...what's the word?!  Anyway, I think this is how it's always gonna be?!  

It's like....we're just trekkin' and trekkin' and I'm not sure I care where the heck this road ends up anymore!

Anyway....Happy Holidays abc123!  Good thing you got them good memories of your mama.   Forever cherish.  I think we are still in their thoughts every now and then....with a good feel to it.

Dad over here....his body or digestive system seems to be slowing down some more....little by little.  I give him more fiber, but then I have to watch out for gas....(he gets bloated and uncomfortable...with anything seems like)... decided to start the puree food to make it easier for his tummy...and then he did lose a bridge....so maybe best not to have him chew so much anymore.  I'm making fruit juices for him too to help with his tummy.

What's next year like?  I feel some significant changes might start happening.  Trying to get prepared or mentally ready for even harder work.  I'm tired...really, just $%C^6y# tired.  Done sometimes...but I can't stop yet. 

However, overall...dad is still smiling.  Even still has some good short laughs about who knows what. Love him.

abc123
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:05 AM

Hey Girl! It's so good to hear from you Ruth! Sorry to hear about his digestion problems. Poor guy. At least he still smiles . I can only imagine how worn out you are. I hope and pray I won't have to be a full time caregiver like you. I admire you Ruth. Your Dad is so fortunate and blessed to have you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. 
Maybe we'll have a real Merry Christmas. Who knows. It could happen. Take care of yourself Ruth. There is a wonderful life waiting for you!

ladyzetta
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:12 AM

Dear abc123,

You are in your Mothers thoughts she may not be able to say it but with your Dad there he is keeping the memories alive for her. 

Dear Ruth,   Its nice hearing from you and I still love your Dads smile. He is so lucky to have you there for him. Please take time for yourself over the holidays if you can and get lots of rest. 

Hugs to you both. Zetta 

abc123
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 12:49 PM

Thank you Zetta! Hugs to you!

× Close Menu